Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa Fe 2011 Limited V6 - 150 000km

Super frustrated and need a fix ASAP. Been to two different mechanics, including dealership and so far no diagnosis.
Car drives normal, then all of a sudden during acceleration the car goes into limp mode. Engine is running but the gas pedal doesn't work and must coast to safely. Engine light turns on. When the engine is stopped and restarted, the car drives fine, then sometimes happens multiple times in a drive, or runs fine for a week and the issue persists. The check engine light also sometimes turns off overnight. This has been going on for about a month and a half now with increasing regularity.
Codes read : P2106 / P2110 / P0638
P2106: Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power
P2110: Throttle Actuator "A" Control System - Forced Limited RPM
P0638: Throttle Actuator Control Range / Performance Bank 1

My mechanic took a good look and thought maybe my pedal with sensor needs to be replaced.
Does anyone else have a magic cure? Is it the TPS? Or does the throttle body need to be replaced? I would love a simple fix as we are supposed to go on our family vacation in a few days but it's not looking great.
Thanks for your help.

Something to note: I find a lot of times it happens going up hill. I'm not sure if that has something to do with a sensor position, or potentially the valve in the Throttle Actuator opening to gravity?
Also not sure if it is relevant but 15 days before the issue showed up I had an oil change and Auto Transmission fluid replacement.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Eric

·
Registered
124 Posts
sounds like what was happening to my '18, will go into limp home mode when car upshifts to maintain speed going up a hill (ie-RPMs begin nearing red-line). Search "limp home" mode here, a lot of conversation about it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the third mechanic looked at it they were able to capture the Santa Fe going into limp mode and the codes led them to believe the throttle body needed to be replaced. I went with their advice and so far the car has been running great. I'm hopeful this was the fix all along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts