Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to install a wireless carplay adapter like carplay2air to our systems, it's a box (dongle) that gets plugged in to the usb port connecting your phone (iphone in my case) to the device and displaying carplay in the car, ... without the need to connect the cable everytime you want to use carplay feature.
Thanks
P

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't tried the adapter yet but like the idea of it. Personally feel like its a little pricey still but maybe I'm just cheap!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an update ... i purchased the carlinkkit and it works flawlessly ... love it. I get in the car and after 10 seconds later car play is connected wirelessly in my santa fe from my Iphone.
Fully recommended !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an update ... i purchased the carlinkkit and it works flawlessly ... love it. I get in the car and after 10 seconds later car play is connected wirelessly in my santa fe from my Iphone.
Fully recommended !
Is there a clean/covert way of fitting it? Can you please share a photo?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There my be a way but i usually keep that area for my glasses, masks, and as you can see (dirty).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes I have a USB port that charges and connects my Android Auto. But that works different than my recent car, Ford Fusion.

With my phone connected by Bluetooth only, I can play media like Spotify and Amazon Music. But not Google Maps.

When connected by wire, I get my Google Maps and play media. But when I switch the system to Radio, still wired, it will play fm, am, etc and disconnect from Google Maps.

The built in Navigation system is horrible. Many times it won't find an address. Or when trying to speak an address, it will only input categories, no direct address. It really needs work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah this looks like the 2020 with the regular shifter
The built in Navigation system is horrible. Many times it won't find an address. Or when trying to speak an address, it will only input categories, no direct address. It really needs work.
These manufacturers should just stop wasting their money trying to develop navigation systems and stop wasting our money by charging us for it. I can’t imagine when and where a built-in navigation can outdo Google Maps, Apple Maps or whatever mobile phone’s navigation system which is always connected to internet and which you use to search, find, save locations all the time.

They should just perfect integration with phones and forget about the rest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah this looks like the 2020 with the regular shifter

These manufacturers should just stop wasting their money trying to develop navigation systems and stop wasting our money by charging us for it. I can’t imagine when and where a built-in navigation can outdo Google Maps, Apple Maps or whatever mobile phone’s navigation system which is always connected to internet and which you use to search, find, save locations all the time.

They should just perfect integration with phones and forget about the rest.
I am surprised by now that car mfg's haven't made deals with Google to use their Maps / Nav system. I've used it for years. Plus it already has all my history, favorites and other saved places. By the time I reprogram the Hyundai Nav for all that, my lease will be over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I chose the CarLink to make the connection from my wired (carplay) to a wireless connection. This way i do not have to connect via wired cable every time i want to listen to music or maps via carplay. I just connect to the CarLink five seconds after I start the car and my music starts automatically.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if there is either a way to hardwire it under the dash or swap the cabling so the apple carplay USB port is the one in the under-console storage area in order to conceal the adapter... Hmm. Will be a project when I get my Santa Fe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder if there is either a way to hardwire it under the dash or swap the cabling so the apple carplay USB port is the one in the under-console storage area in order to conceal the adapter... Hmm. Will be a project when I get my Santa Fe.
Great idea, or if the adapter is a module which can be fit into an existing blank button

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am surprised by now that car mfg's haven't made deals with Google to use their Maps / Nav system. I've used it for years. Plus it already has all my history, favorites and other saved places. By the time I reprogram the Hyundai Nav for all that, my lease will be over.
In some countries, like Vietnam, the Hyundai Nav works very well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone attempted to install a wireless carplay adapter like carplay2air to our systems, it's a box (dongle) that gets plugged in to the usb port connecting your phone (iphone in my case) to the device and displaying carplay in the car, ... without the need to connect the cable everytime you want to use carplay feature.
Thanks
P
yes I have one on my 2021 limited. works great

1 - 20 of 23 Posts