Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Buying winters for the Sport 2.4 AWD and have a few questions. I ride ice snow and slush covered highways and back roads from November to March.

Hyundai seems to recomend same tire size as oem 235 65 17. Tire Rack lists a 225 65 17. Slimmer tires tend to do better in snow and slush, my concern is regarding handling with the smaller tire.

I have the base Sport, does it have TPMS tire pressure monitoring. Have not called my dealer yet but my manual doesn't mention it. (checked with dealer, the 2.4 in Canada does not have TPMS)

Any thought on the Brigestone Blizzak WS70 vs DM-V1. At 3600 lbs I'm leaning towards the DM-V1 with the XL load rating. (went with the 235 65 17 DM-V1 / Bremmer br08 rims. I'll coment on them later)

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Buying winters for the Sport 2.4 AWD and have a few questions. I ride ice snow and slush covered highways and back roads from November to March.

Hyundai seems to recomend same tire size as oem 235 65 17. Tire Rack lists a 225 65 17. Slimmer tires tend to do better in snow and slush, my concern is regarding handling with the smaller tire.

I have the base Sport, does it have TPMS tire pressure monitoring. Have not called my dealer yet but my manual doesn't mention it. (checked with dealer, the 2.4 in Canada does not have TPMS)

Any thought on the Brigestone Blizzak WS70 vs DM-V1. At 3600 lbs I'm leaning towards the DM-V1 with the XL load rating. (went with the 235 65 17 DM-V1 / Bremmer br08 rims. I'll coment on them later)

Any info is appreciated.

Cheers!

Installed the Blizzak DM-V1 today. A bit of road noise but normal for winters. Will really see their worth when we get some ice.

Not much action on this site...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts