Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone was wondering... I have a 2016 Santa Fe XL Luxury, OEM rim size on it is 18X7.5, 49.5 Ofset, and I was looking at my options for winter specific rims as I live in Canada. 16 inch rims WILL NOT FIT. 17 inch rims will. However, I opted to stick with the 18 inch rims. I purchased a used set of Hyundai alloy rims used on the 2008 Santa Fe in great condition on kijiji for a good price. They are 18X7, 41mm Ofset, and they fit my winter tires (235/60/18) absolutely perfect.

There is a lot of discussion about alloy rims not being a great choice for winter. I believe if you can get a set in good condition used for around the same price (or less) what steel rims would cost and you clean them properly it's a no brainer to go with the alloy's. And they look 100% better, I attached the picture below. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is this a statement or question?

Anyone who says alloy rims are not good for winter doesn't know what they are talking about. They are better in every way. Stronger, lighter, don't rust, look better.

High end aftermarket wheels may be too delicate but oem alloys or hefty/cheap aftermarket are perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you can get alloys for the same price or close to steelies, then go for it. Nothing wrong to use alloys in winter and they look so much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts