Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Santa Fe Limited. So far (2 weeks) everything is great. I washed the Santa Fe this weekend and discovered that I could not put the windshield wipers in an upright position. The back of the hood blocks the wipers from being raised. This will prevent me from being able to change the wiper blades. I tried opening the hood, but I am still unable to raise the wipers. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I contacted my Hyundai sales person and I was told that is the way it is designed. I believe this is typical salesman spin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought mine a few weeks ago as well. Look at section 7-7-31 in the owners manual. I believe page 471. It has a process for putting them into a service position.

Also a fun fact i just learned after a freak snow storm in Chicago two weeks ago. If there is ice trapping the blades and you turn them on they will keep trying to cycle if they are stuck until they can complete one full sweep even if you turn them back off. I had to clear it out with my hand to free it and then they went back to their resting position after sweeping across once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.