Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took possession of a SantaFe 2017 limited ultimate and had dealer crossbars added only to realize there is a horrible whistling sound as soon as you hit 50mph.

Is there anyone else with the same problem? Any mitigation?

I do need crossbars, if not Hyundais, any other recommended bars for this vehicle that has enough clearance for the moonroof?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just took possession of a SantaFe 2017 limited ultimate and had dealer crossbars added only to realize there is a horrible whistling sound as soon as you hit 50mph.

Is there anyone else with the same problem? Any mitigation?

I do need crossbars, if not Hyundais, any other recommended bars for this vehicle that has enough clearance for the moonroof?
I have the same issue with the hyundai cross bars. I just took them off since I dont need them all the time but a few things you could try:

1. Try moving the front and or both further rearward as fae as possible for your application. You want the front one to not catch wind from the windshield.

2. Try wrapping masking tape around​ d the bar where the black plastic fillers are at the bottom on the ends. Thats probably the source of the whistle. If that works, then silicone it up instead or use aluminum foil tape just on the bottom.

3. Get o e of those plastic or neoprene wind deflectors for your roof rack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you need a fairing.
Make sure it is the correct length. I like the Thule over the Yakima or inno because it sort of wraps the edges and cuts the wind noise on the sides.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Loosen the clamp bolt at each of the crossbar ends with the provided hex key with the hole in the end. Once it's good and loose, the whole assembly will pop off the side rails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
interesting, I also have a 2017 Sante Fe Sport, ultimate. I have an annoying "clunk" sound on the drivers side. I thought it was a loose mirror or something. It is often and seems to occur when I hit a bump in the road with the passenger side of the vehicle.

sales Mgr said its the moon roof. They make that sound apparently.

I tried another new one off the lot and it does not make that noise. It goes into the shop this coming Thursday to see if they can find the cause.

Anyone else have that problem and is it the big moonroof? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to get the crossbars for my Hyundai Santa Fe 2015 Limited Ultimate with panoramic sunroof but don't know which ones to get. Anyone could recommend a good set?
Also the rear lift gate tends to close too hard (not a smooth close like at the beginning) anyone having that issue? Thanks. New member/First posting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
roof rack

I solved my problem with the clunk noise..........it was too much space between the frame and the panoramic moon roof where the side airbag runs along, the dealer solved the problem by putting felt between the moon roof over the air bag to the frame without compromising the air bag he said.

Roof racks, I don't intend to put on so not much help to you. D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts