Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, I've owned VWs and Subarus and forums for these vehicles are pretty active. This one seems to be rather quiet:confused:. No criticism intended, but I'm wondering why?

My SFS 2.0T is my first Hyundai and I've been pleased with the car so far and even my dealership experience was pretty good, something I can't say for the VW or Subaru.

What do folks do with their cars? Modifications? Add-on accessories? Road Trips? Off-road excursions?

I like outdoor activities and I bought mine for the roominess and versatility:D. The tow rating exceeds my OB and has been useful for that reason.

How about any off-road stuff-has anyone had any experiences in that regard?

I saw some you-tube videos which shows some capability, but what are real life situations you've had? I have yet to fully test the AWD so I am curious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been off road with ours. It's the 2wd sfs but it handled well. We were mostly on gravel but we had to traverse a wash about 2 ft deep and 4 ft wide (no water). The approach and departure angles are quite good. We also put a class III hitch for towing. Take note, you'll need to raise the ball up about 4" to have a level trailer.

sent from my nexus 4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts