Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K.....As folks check in with their info, we should all find this informative...

I`ll start off:

* SFS type: 2.0T FWD

* During the cold months, MPG was 21 to 23 COMBINED, highway high was 27.

* Now with warm weather, summer gas and almost 9,000 miles on the clock, it`s 25 to 27 COMBINED, highway MPG has hit a high of 30.8.

* When I picked it up last October, the Range was 303 miles.

* The range has risen steadily (as the MPG has risen)...The range is now 449 miles.

All MPG results are figured manually, not the on-board computer reading...which is constantly too high

Anybody else??

·
Registered
32 Posts
O.K.....As folks check in with their info, we should all find this informative...

I`ll start off:

* Now with warm weather, summer gas and almost 9,000 miles on the clock, it`s 25 to 27 COMBINED, highway MPG has hit a high of 30.8.

* The range has risen steadily (as the MPG has risen)...The range is now 449 miles.

All MPG results are figured manually, not the on-board computer reading...which is constantly too high

Anybody else??
Mine is steadily improving. Now up near 21 mpg for mostly in-town and slightly over 1500 miles. However, I got a gasoline suprise this past week. Was at Sam,s Club and the gas was really cheap ( $3.19/gal) and I filled up. Bad move!!! Really smelly exhaust but not missing or anything like that. Won't do that again once I burn this out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is steadily improving. Now up near 21 mpg for mostly in-town and slightly over 1500 miles. However, I got a gasoline suprise this past week. Was at Sam,s Club and the gas was really cheap ( $3.19/gal) and I filled up. Bad move!!! Really smelly exhaust but not missing or anything like that. Won't do that again once I burn this out.
Two things....

I`ve never heard of gas smelling (except like gas)...Did you check with Sams Club to ask what the deal with that was?

What is your SFS...FWD or AWD ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Two things....

I`ve never heard of gas smelling (except like gas)...Did you check with Sams Club to ask what the deal with that was?

What is your SFS...FWD or AWD ?
FWD. Wasn't the gas but the fumes coming from the exhaust after I filled up. Seemed like something went through the catalytic converter as I was driving home from the store. Smelled it when I got into the garage. However, what ever it was, I don't smell it now. Might have just been something quirky.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
FWD. Wasn't the gas but the fumes coming from the exhaust after I filled up. Seemed like something went through the catalytic converter as I was driving home from the store. Smelled it when I got into the garage. However, what ever it was, I don't smell it now. Might have just been something quirky.

Yeah, sounds like it was a 'one time' thing, but still kinda strange...Was that the first time you got gas at Sams Club?

If you`re getting around 21 MPG with mostly city driving, you`re hitting the 'revised' EPA city MPG number,...(20 city - 23 combined - 27 highway..)

Did you get your SFS before November 2nd., 2012?

If so, did you apply for the "Rewards Card'?

P.S...Do you remember what the 'Range' reading was on your last fill-up?

·
Registered
32 Posts
First time buying gas at Sam's Club. In my area, there is a large gasoline terminal with a lots of storage tanks and I see all kinds of trucks going in and out of there. Exxon, Shell, BP, Conoco, ... you name it, they all go in there and get filled up from the same loading platform. you can see them all lined up. Guys are all sucking from the same tanks. Bought my SFS in May 2013. Sam,s Club not my main club. I have their card but no rewards. My wife is a big Costco fan so I am a prisoner to them high-priced dogs!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my area, there is a large gasoline terminal with a lots of storage tanks and I see all kinds of trucks going in and out of there. Exxon, Shell, BP, Conoco, ... you name it, they all go in there and get filled up from the same loading platform. you can see them all lined up. Guys are all sucking from the same tanks.

Yep.....Makes you wonder about 'top tier' gas...

Exxon and Shell are two 'top tier' suppliers...But they get their tankers filled at the same loading platform...

Maybe the cleaning additive is 'added' when they are filling up?... (As opposed to the others, who are not 'top tier' suppliers, not getting the additive?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haven't checked range myself other than what the display tells me, but as for mpg, I get around 27 combined with about 30/70 city/highway driving. Not bad at all. I'm actually very close to keeping it closer to 30mpg lately! It's all about coasting a lot and giving it just enough gas to maintain speed. love it

2.0T FWD

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't checked range myself other than what the display tells me, but as for mpg, I get around 27 combined with about 30/70 city/highway driving. Not bad at all. I'm actually very close to keeping it closer to 30mpg lately! It's all about coasting a lot and giving it just enough gas to maintain speed. love it

2.0T FWD

That`s actually pretty darn good!...The EPA MPG for our SFS (2.0T FWD) is 20 city.....23 combined.....27 highway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I`ll start off:

Anybody else??
Another refill today...

New Range reading is 459 miles..

·
Registered
32 Posts
At present, my combined mileage is between 22-23 mpg and on the highway through one tank of gas at an average speed of 70 mph I am just over 27.7 , allowing for some pretty hilly/mountainous highway through Virginia and Tennessee. In my estimation, this is pretty awesome for a 260+ HP vehicle loaded down with luggage and a rooftop carrier box and all. At the last fill-up, my range indicator was 425 miles which indicates about 24 mpg combined.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At present, my combined mileage is between 22-23 mpg and on the highway through one tank of gas at an average speed of 70 mph I am just over 27.7 , allowing for some pretty hilly/mountainous highway through Virginia and Tennessee. In my estimation, this is pretty awesome for a 260+ HP vehicle loaded down with luggage and a rooftop carrier box and all. At the last fill-up, my range indicator was 425 miles which indicates about 24 mpg combined.
Excellant!......:cheer2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm nauseous- I am getting 14MPG city. Haven't done a long enough trip to get a highway #

Maybe my Manhattan/Brooklyn stop-and-go traffic is just worse than the city driving you guys are doing? ughh

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just recently picked up a 2014 2.4 AWD SFS and I'm getting no where near the advertised 21 combined mpg. The best I've seen saw so far is 17.9 combined. I've already driven a bit on the highway and "city" driving I'm pretty light on the gas. I'm confused and a bit concerned now. How is that others are seeing such higher MPG?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just recently picked up a 2014 2.4 AWD SFS and I'm getting no where near the advertised 21 combined mpg. The best I've seen saw so far is 17.9 combined. I've already driven a bit on the highway and "city" driving I'm pretty light on the gas. I'm confused and a bit concerned now. How is that others are seeing such higher MPG?
You gain more MPG's with the FWD vs AWD

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been away from the forum for a while since I relocated within the past year. My 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD now has just over 19000 miles on and my gas mileage in town has consistently been around 22 mpg and my highway mileage ( driving at 70 mph) on trips has been in excess of 26 mpg. On a few trips where I have made an attempt to stay at 65 mph , my mpg has been at 28. My Santa Fe had a break-in period of around 4000-5000 miles and then the mpg just took off. I use Quaker State synthetic oil and have registered my Santa Fe in their 300,000 mile club. I am fully pleased now with this car after having driven it for 16 months without a single problem other than I punctured a tire while driving through Alabama and forgot that I had wheel locks and had to be towed in to the dealer to remove the tire. This was my fault rather than Hyundai's. I left the wheel lock key in the garage with the spare lug nuts and forgot to put them back in the car. Dummy me!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right but this is an on-demand AWD system. So unless you're driving on wet/snowy roads or you manually locked in AWD mode, then it should be fairly on par with FWD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got mine today so we shall see. But I found out with my other car if I fill up out side the metro area with gas that does not contain 10% ethanol my mileage dramatically increases

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I just got my Santa Fe Sport Luxury 2.4L on December 30. I'm going to start tracking my actual real world mileage on Fuelly . . and I think I can add my Fuelly stats to my signature (or somehing like that) so everyone can see them at any time.

I'd like to suggest that everyone interested in checking and comparing their mileage do the same . . so everyone can have access to easy mpg references and everyone will benefit. Cheers!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts