Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my CPO 2020 Santa Fe last night. I know there are lots of little cubbies, but after 30 years of driving with a key, it feels weird to reach anywhere else when i get out of the car.

Has anyone put a hook near their start button? I can't seem to find if anyone makes one already or to just try using a Command Strip hook.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You want to keep it in your pocket (or purse if a woman). Don't even think about getting out of the car with the keyfob left inside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car won't lock with Fob in car. You get used to it being in your pocket. I did have a problem at first with wife's fob in her purse, can't leave it in the car. In my old Genesis we locked her purse in the trunk and all was well. Haven't experimented with our new Santa Fe Calligraphy, still learning buttonless door handle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
But if you do leave it in the car, someone can jump in and take off with the car and key. I remove mine from my other bunch of keys, keep the fob in my pocket until I get home where I need the other keys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did learn when you park just hit the off, no need to put in park, car does that automatically. Sometimes it sets the brake too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this is a little old, but i ended up adding a metal 3M Command Hook next to my start button. When I hit the button I grab the keys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts