Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 2019 Santa Fe SE with a weird and very frustrating issue. Out of nowhere warning indicators have started appearing to “Check headlight - low”, “Check signal light” and “Check smart cruise control” and all my driver side lights do not work, the horn doesn’t work and the AC doesn’t blow any air. All of these things happen at the same time and happen intermittently. I brought the car to my local Hyundai dealership. They had the car for a week and a half and ultimately told me they couldn’t replicate the issue and so could not fix it. The funny thing is that I was able to replicate it a day after getting the car back. By the time I get to the dealership the problems stop. Has anyone else experienced this? I appreciate any feedback.
Regards,
Dawn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like a wiring short somewhere. They all happen at the same time, and then stops doing it?

Also check all your fuses.

A 2019 should still be under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding! Yes, it all happens at the same time and then stops.
The dealership had my car for 8 days. I assumed they checked more than just the computer codes, but maybe they didn’t.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bet most of that time your car set at the dealer nobody was even looking at it except for the first time. That happens a lot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a 2019 Santa Fe SE with a weird and very frustrating issue. Out of nowhere warning indicators have started appearing to “Check headlight - low”, “Check signal light” and “Check smart cruise control” and all my driver side lights do not work, the horn doesn’t work and the AC doesn’t blow any air. All of these things happen at the same time and happen intermittently. I brought the car to my local Hyundai dealership. They had the car for a week and a half and ultimately told me they couldn’t replicate the issue and so could not fix it. The funny thing is that I was able to replicate it a day after getting the car back. By the time I get to the dealership the problems stop. Has anyone else experienced this? I appreciate any feedback.
Regards,
Dawn
Sorry to see you having those issues.
This sounds more like a loose ground wire to me..... Of course, I'm no expert but intermittent issues with specific electronics (especially with the same components every time) has to be some "common" cause, like a loose or corroded ground. There are many grounds on the vehicle, but I'm sure a good mechanic could look at the ground connections and see if there is a common ground for those circuits showing an issue. Just my opinion..... Hope the shop can figure it out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
IF it's still under warranty (2019) I'd contact Hyundai America and ask them if they are able to recommend a Hyundai service center that specializes in electrical, I would not be satisfied with this car as even a safety problem could arise, can you return the car? (this'd be a dealbreaker for me) If Hyundai comes up snake eyes I'd start googling or "neighborhooding" for a local electrical talent something well beyond what the techs training entails depending on what day of the week you're at the dealer (no malintent meant to dealer techs but electrical may not be something Hyundai spends a lot of time on with them, just sayin). Hope you get it taken care of so you can enjoy the car, i enjoy technology when it works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts