Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021Santa Fe phev ultimate 11,000 miles on the clock, noticed the carpet was soaking in the passenger footwell, the problem turned out to be the AC condensate pipe for some odd reason it had been tucked up behind an air duct leading from the dashboard to under the front panel on the 'transmission tunnel ' accessed by removing the front panel in the footwell. The pipe had a triangular shaped bung about two inches from the end but I couldn't see where it was meant to fit.
It turned out that it it needed to fit in the passenger well floor under the carpet and floor insulation approximately seven inches from where it had been originally located. I can only think this had been done in the factory perhaps to tuck it out of the way on the production line? Kaisen time! 馃檪

Registered
I have a 2021Santa Fe phev ultimate 11,000 miles on the clock, noticed the carpet was soaking in the passenger footwell, the problem turned out to be the AC condensate pipe for some odd reason it had been tucked up behind an air duct leading from the dashboard to under the front panel on the 'transmission tunnel ' accessed by removing the front panel in the footwell. The pipe had a triangular shaped bung about two inches from the end but I couldn't see where it was meant to fit.
It turned out that it it needed to fit in the passenger well floor under the carpet and floor insulation approximately seven inches from where it had been originally located. I can only think this had been done in the factory perhaps to tuck it out of the way on the production line? Kaisen time! 馃檪
Warning; always,always check your cabin filter which is located behind the glove box. If it is filled with crud, this will find its way down and contribute to clogging up the a/c drain. I know as it happened to my wife鈥檚 2020 Santa Fe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warning; always,always check your cabin filter which is located behind the glove box. If it is filled with crud, this will find its way down and contribute to clogging up the a/c drain. I know as it happened to my wife鈥檚 2020 Santa Fe.
Thanks Jim will keep an eye that馃憤

1 - 3 of 3 Posts