Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
New to the forum. I recently put an order in for the 2022 Santa Fe Ultimate Calligraphy (White/beige interior) on February 9/22. The dealership I dealt with here (ON Canada) quoted a wait time of 3 to 4 months but they have seen them come in much sooner. It’s so hard to find any kind of information regarding wait times on the Santa Fe Calligraphy, only info I can find seems to be for the hybrid models.
I was wondering if any of you could share your experiences regarding wait times, the process etc., I am trying to gauge what kind of time frame I’m realistically dealing with here as the car I am currently driving is a safety hazard.
Dealership said I would receive an email from Hyundai Canada, however I haven’t received any for of communication from them yet.
Anything you could share, your experiences would be greatly appreciated :)
Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds familiar.. I'm waiting for a 2022 SF Calligraphy (Red/beige/ I put my order in about three weeks ago. Best response was "maybe March".. I sold my last two cars and now share my wife's.
Happy to say I'm retired.. so the wait is not terrible.

Sales rep said he'd call me when it's in. Which reminds me to give him a call and a gentle nudge.

This will be my first Hyundai.. Keeping my fingers crossed...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds familiar.. I'm waiting for a 2022 SF Calligraphy (Red/beige/ I put my order in about three weeks ago. Best response was "maybe March".. I sold my last two cars and now share my wife's.

Sales rep said he'd call me when it's in. Which reminds me to give him a call and a gentle nudge.

I just wish there was a way to track the order, seems like most other companies have some way for their customers to track their vehicle orders. Hyundai seems to be very inconsistent with their communication and keeping their customers updated. It seems some get email notifications for “milestones”while others hear nothing up until the dealer calls to say it came in. Honestly I wouldn’t mind the wait if I had a reliable car I can use in the meantime, however my current car is unsafe to say the least and I live in a rural area where a car is the only way to get around.
However, from what I gather chatting with others who have recently received theirs, quoted time seems to be 3 to 4 months but they got it around the 2 month mark… here’s hoping that holds true for us as well 😊
Please update if you can when you get yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all new to this forum. I just got a 22 Caligraphy and thought I would share my 2 cents of how I obtained it. I am coming from a KIA Sorento (2 in a row), with a Santa Fe prior to those. Love these vehicles. I found myself in the market when I realized how much I would be offered for my 16' Sorento with 90k miles on it. Couldn't find anything for weeks, KIA or Hyundai. So I kept a tab open for each after I "built" one and then searched for local inventory. Eventually, I would find some "In Transit", and eventually I was able to find one (everything I wanted except a few different options like missing tow package) that hadn't been accounted for, and went to the dealer to put a deposit on it. The estimated arrival time kept getting pushed back (originally the 12th of Feb, delivered on March 5).

So I was in for the (I was told) 6-month wait for an order, but if you keep a sharp eye out, you may find one in transit that has not been reserved for someone else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After watching most of their in boxes, I found a Calligraphy that is being delivered to a dealer fairly close by on or about 4/3. Made a deal and a deposit Now feel that this is actually going to come to pass. Silver/black.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello all new to this forum. I just got a 22 Caligraphy and thought I would share my 2 cents of how I obtained it. I am coming from a KIA Sorento (2 in a row), with a Santa Fe prior to those. Love these vehicles. I found myself in the market when I realized how much I would be offered for my 16' Sorento with 90k miles on it. Couldn't find anything for weeks, KIA or Hyundai. So I kept a tab open for each after I "built" one and then searched for local inventory. Eventually, I would find some "In Transit", and eventually I was able to find one (everything I wanted except a few different options like missing tow package) that hadn't been accounted for, and went to the dealer to put a deposit on it. The estimated arrival time kept getting pushed back (originally the 12th of Feb, delivered on March 5).

So I was in for the (I was told) 6-month wait for an order, but if you keep a sharp eye out, you may find one in transit that has not been reserved for someone else.
i too had a kia soretno sx awd and now a 20 santa fe limited awd and im very pleased with my choice. enjoy the caligraphy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Have you heard anything back yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Im in Canada, so it’s a little different here. Right now, it basically if you want a car you have to place a factory order

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I suspect my new car is at the dealers today... or if not tomorrow. Given the dealer's once-over and stuff like that, I'll probably collect it on Saturday or Monday.
oh yay! Congrats! That’s so exciting! You ordered tour’s the beginning of February correct? Did you ever get any correspondence from Hyundai throughout the process?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, I was also comparing the tranny with my ex-2016 fully-loaded Cayman GTS PDK F6 (the last year), and turns out the SF also has a dual-clutch unit, which was very surprising. The blue/black we test-drove a few days ago didn't look nice with all the silver crap outside, so we gave a deposit for a silver/black that is coming in a week. We'll see. Straight MSRP, same as the G70 3.3T SP that arrives Tuesday, supposedly. Good dealer in that respect. But it's horrible with service, so I do everything myself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts