Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to the forum. Purchased 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy about 6 week ago. Most of the time I listen to my music via USB thumb drive. For the life of me I cant figure out how to search for particular Artist / Album / Song, etc. via voice commands. It always replies with something to the effect of "I don't understand". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the forum. Purchased 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy about 6 week ago. Most of the time I listen to my music via USB thumb drive. For the life of me I cant figure out how to search for particular Artist / Album / Song, etc. via voice commands. It always replies with something to the effect of "I don't understand". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
It probably does not have that feature on the USB. I will have to try that. I tried to do some searches by voice on my maps, and it only wants to know the category. Also, when I have my phone connected and I receive text messages, it will read out the message to me, but it will not allow me to respond by voice. ONLY by the preset responses on the system. That is really stupid. I checked the manual, it says the top level of BlueLink should offer that, but when I called them about adding the 3rd tier of BlueLink to my system, they told me my radio does not offer that feature. IT'S THE TOP RADIO they have, that i so crazy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably does not have that feature on the USB. I will have to try that. I tried to do some searches by voice on my maps, and it only wants to know the category. Also, when I have my phone connected and I receive text messages, it will read out the message to me, but it will not allow me to respond by voice. ONLY by the preset responses on the system. That is really stupid. I checked the manual, it says the top level of BlueLink should offer that, but when I called them about adding the 3rd tier of BlueLink to my system, they told me my radio does not offer that feature. IT'S THE TOP RADIO they have, that i so crazy.
Agreed! Having top of the line radio it should do more than it does, my 2014 Ford XLT even has that capability. Anyway, I spoke with service person at my first oil change and asked about the USB voice search with radio. He got back with me and said only voice search capability is through Car Play with phone, not USB. I don’t carry music on my phone so that feature is off the table. With as smart as this vehicle is the radio should have much more interactive features than it does. Along with the fact they put wireless Car Play in the lower trims and wired in the Calligrophy, makes no sense.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Agreed! Having top of the line radio it should do more than it does, my 2014 Ford XLT even has that capability. Anyway, I spoke with service person at my first oil change and asked about the USB voice search with radio. He got back with me and said only voice search capability is through Car Play with phone, not USB. I don’t carry music on my phone so that feature is off the table. With as smart as this vehicle is the radio should have much more interactive features than it does. Along with the fact they put wireless Car Play in the lower trims and wired in the Calligrophy, makes no sense.
Funny part is I finally got to understand how to use the radio and media together. Meaning using my phone connected to the usb. And then using Google Maps on it. And then pressing the mode button on the steering wheel that's what allows me to use AM FM or satellite versus only the music programs on Android auto. Which I can still use as well, all I have to do is switch the mode button again and it's back to the radio. But using the phone connected to USB I can respond to text messages that do come in that way. But naturally through the navigation system it will not do voice response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.