Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, newbie here. I just bought a 2004 Santa Fe base about a month ago and I love it! However, I've noticed that when I'm in idle (say at a stop light) my steering while and driver seat has a vibration. Sometimes, I can visibly see the steering wheel shaking very slightly. I replaced the spark plugs as soon as I got it and that's about all I've done to it. It has 133,xxx miles on it and has no other problems that I can tell (I'm not very mechanically inclined, however I took it to a shop and they said nothing is wrong with it) the vibration goes away when I start to accelerate, or put it in park. Is this a common issue with the 4 cylinder Santa Fe? Should I be concerned? I tried googling it and got no answers. Any help and input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, newbie here. I just bought a 2004 Santa Fe base about a month ago and I love it! However, I've noticed that when I'm in idle (say at a stop light) my steering while and driver seat has a vibration. Sometimes, I can visibly see the steering wheel shaking very slightly. I replaced the spark plugs as soon as I got it and that's about all I've done to it. It has 133,xxx miles on it and has no other problems that I can tell (I'm not very mechanically inclined, however I took it to a shop and they said nothing is wrong with it) the vibration goes away when I start to accelerate, or put it in park. Is this a common issue with the 4 cylinder Santa Fe? Should I be concerned? I tried googling it and got no answers. Any help and input is greatly appreciated!

Just picked up an 06 Limited AWD with the 3.5 (143,000 miles)and mine was doing the same thing. Did a little research and bought a Haynes manual and the TPS was out of spec. Was set a little high and I adjusted it down and all is smooth and goes into gear a lot smoother. Mine is the 3.5 and the 2.4 is the same and you need a scan tool to adjust it (by voltage). I guess you could back pin it with a DVM though. should be 300-900 millivolts. I adjusted mine fro .968 volts down to .470 and made a big difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts