Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First hello,

I have a '17 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with 41,000 miles. I am experiencing a vibration when stopped and brake is on, say at a light, that gets worse as the car warms and is driven for 2-5 miles approx.

I can turn off the AC and it will stop for a bit and then start again or I can turn on the AC and it will stop a bit and start again.

I took it to dealership and they said they could not find anything wrong...really???

They recommended a fuel injection service and fuel induction service. I have my doubts about this.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Skip Nall

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Skip. Mine does the same thing. It's annoying for sure. I too had it checked out and was told the same thing. I replace the plugs and air filter myself. I just live with the rough idle. I now have a brand new long block from Hyundai, and it still does not idle smooth. Gotta be some sensor or something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Skip, I spoke with my service rep today. He just installed a new motor covered by warranty over the holidays. We went over all the parts that were new and parts they used from my original motor and mentioned the rough idle. I told him its doing the same thing (rough idle) with this new motor that it did with my old motor. Turns out they used both my original fuel pumps when replacing the long block. There is one in the gas tank and one on the intake manifold that pumps fuel to the injectors. It could be the injector fuel pump wearing out causing this issue, not pumping enough psi's to the injectors. Quoted me $800 for a new pump. $200 labor and $600 for the pump. I'm holding off replacing it, I've had the rough idle for a while. Yes it's FN annoying but whatever. If the pump ejector pump fails, the car will still run. If the pump inside the gas-tank fails, call the tow truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow thanks for the tip. Could be something that simple and cheap to fix the issue. I have one on order $17.00. I Googled "PVC System" ***The positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve controls the amount of pressure that goes through the compartments of your engine. If this valve gets clogged or breaks on your Hyundai Santa Fe, you'll need to replace the valve in order to prevent your engine from running rough or backfiring*** And here is how to change out the pvc. After some troubleshooting to ensure that it's not a different problem in your Santa Fe, you can perform the PCV valve replacement.

Step 1
Locate the PCV valve on the Hyundai Santa Fe. You'll find the Santa Fe PCV valve on the back of the valve cover with a hose attaching it to the intake manifold.

Step 2
Start your car and allow it to idle. Remove the PCV valve by pulling it away from the valve cover. Test the PCV valve while it's still attached to the hose by feeling for the vacuum at the bottom of the part as well as shaking it and listening for a rattling sound. If you find both these items, you don't need to go further with the replacement.

Step 3
Order the PCV valve for your Hyundai Santa Fe if you find that it doesn't pass your troubleshooting. This part fits all engine types.

Discard the old PCV valve. Locate the opening on the valve cover that houses the PCV valve and position the longer end of the valve inside of it. The shorter end will is reattached to the hose.

Tip
Once you finish replacement of your PCV valve, you should notice that the engine runs smoother. If not, check all hoses and plugs for breakage or clogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pcv system

Good luck. The hoses are also prone to failure, like you listed in your post. You can check those while waiting for parts to come in. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First hello,

I have a '17 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with 41,000 miles. I am experiencing a vibration when stopped and brake is on, say at a light, that gets worse as the car warms and is driven for 2-5 miles approx.

I can turn off the AC and it will stop for a bit and then start again or I can turn on the AC and it will stop a bit and start again.

I took it to dealership and they said they could not find anything wrong...really???

They recommended a fuel injection service and fuel induction service. I have my doubts about this.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Skip Nall
i was experiencing the same problem in my santa fe turbo, i was using gasoline from bj's and every 4 months i was using an injector cleaner. Now it seems I have a new engine, what did I do? I only use BP or Shell gasoline, and every 6 months I use Gumout Tune up to clean the injectors

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was experiencing the same problem in my santa fe turbo, i was using gasoline from bj's and every 4 months i was using an injector cleaner. Now it seems I have a new engine, what did I do? I only use BP or Shell gasoline, and every 6 months I use Gumout Tune up to clean the injectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts