Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate (7 seat). The car had never seen a single update before and I was noticing the maps were starting to get rather out of date on the trickier parts of town. I figured it was probably about time for an update and was delighted to see Hyundai made the map updates pretty easily available to their customers.

I got the Windows software, formatted an otherwise good SD card (Class 10 UHS 3, 32GB, SanDisk brand) with the latest version of the software for the 2017 Santa Fe 7-seat. Took the SD card to the car, started it with a full tank of gas, ejected the factory 16GB SD card, inserted the new one, it complained about the maps not being validated. Makes sense, software wasn't updated, probably couldn't make sense of the new map data. Went to the settings, system info, hit Update. It started the update and made it through several update stages without any complaints.

Then it got to "Updating the MODEM 1/3", got about a sixth of the way through the progress bar, showed a message it had to reboot to finish the update. Several seconds later, it rebooted on its own. HYUNDAI logo showed, loaded the update process again, "Updating the MODEM 1/3", got to the same point in the update process, then it gave up on updating and it showed an error screen 604 and said try again.

I looked as much as I could about error 604. I saw some tips about 600 errors being resolved by pulling the negative battery terminal. I pulled it and left it for a few hours. The system turns on, shows some "Recovering data" screen, starts the update process and warns about not turning the system off, "Updating MODEM 1/3", hits the same point in the process reboots and tries again. Then error 604.

I've pulled the negative terminal a few times now with the longest time being about 5 hours.

I imaged another SD card with freshly downloaded files, still no luck.

I pressed the reset button quickly. I've pressed and held it for a minute. I've pressed and held it for a few minutes. Same pattern of trying to update the modem and it failed.

I called the mapnsoft support number, all they could suggest was the reset button and pulling the battery. They advised I talk to a Hyundai dealer about it. Calling the Hyundai customer support number advised I talk to the mapnsoft people.

I went to a nearby Hyundai dealer and they say they probably can't see the car for a week. Frustrating to say the least.

FWIW the original software version was ST.NC2.USA.E511.160620 firmware MICOM.ST.NC2.USA.2016.160510 SUBM.ST.NC2.1006.1060801 NAVI APP VER ST4.NAM.HMC.160610.93206 MAP VER NAM.09.47.44.543.001.1

· Registered
5 Posts
Having the exact same problem. Dealership and mapnsoft have not figured it out yet. Mapnsoft said the was a TSB on the radio and nobody can find it. Dealer even looked it up with the VIN# and nothing. Tried everything. Removed both battery cables for 12 hours, did all the resets everyone has suggested and the unit still goes straight to "Updating the MODEM 1/3" nobody at Hyundai even knows how to get the radio to completely reset to try and get it back to factory settings. We even bought the SD card from Hyundai with the updates on it when we did the updates. Please keep us updated if you figure this out.

· Registered
10 Posts
We just bought it used from Hyundai dealer
So we spoke to the maps people they said the modem “bricked” I need to contact hyundai customer care for the financial part. I am not paying to replace a modem (2k estimate). I didn’t ask for this update and my modem worked fine prior. So hyundai is setting me up with a. Case manager. I will try to update you when they call me 3-5 business days. SMH

· Registered
10 Posts
Was there a fix????
I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate (7 seat). The car had never seen a single update before and I was noticing the maps were starting to get rather out of date on the trickier parts of town. I figured it was probably about time for an update and was delighted to see Hyundai made the map updates pretty easily available to their customers.

I got the Windows software, formatted an otherwise good SD card (Class 10 UHS 3, 32GB, SanDisk brand) with the latest version of the software for the 2017 Santa Fe 7-seat. Took the SD card to the car, started it with a full tank of gas, ejected the factory 16GB SD card, inserted the new one, it complained about the maps not being validated. Makes sense, software wasn't updated, probably couldn't make sense of the new map data. Went to the settings, system info, hit Update. It started the update and made it through several update stages without any complaints.

Then it got to "Updating the MODEM 1/3", got about a sixth of the way through the progress bar, showed a message it had to reboot to finish the update. Several seconds later, it rebooted on its own. HYUNDAI logo showed, loaded the update process again, "Updating the MODEM 1/3", got to the same point in the update process, then it gave up on updating and it showed an error screen 604 and said try again.

I looked as much as I could about error 604. I saw some tips about 600 errors being resolved by pulling the negative battery terminal. I pulled it and left it for a few hours. The system turns on, shows some "Recovering data" screen, starts the update process and warns about not turning the system off, "Updating MODEM 1/3", hits the same point in the process reboots and tries again. Then error 604.

I've pulled the negative terminal a few times now with the longest time being about 5 hours.

I imaged another SD card with freshly downloaded files, still no luck.

I pressed the reset button quickly. I've pressed and held it for a minute. I've pressed and held it for a few minutes. Same pattern of trying to update the modem and it failed.

I called the mapnsoft support number, all they could suggest was the reset button and pulling the battery. They advised I talk to a Hyundai dealer about it. Calling the Hyundai customer support number advised I talk to the mapnsoft people.

I went to a nearby Hyundai dealer and they say they probably can't see the car for a week. Frustrating to say the least.

FWIW the original software version was ST.NC2.USA.E511.160620 firmware MICOM.ST.NC2.USA.2016.160510 SUBM.ST.NC2.1006.1060801 NAVI APP VER ST4.NAM.HMC.160610.93206 MAP VER NAM.09.47.44.543.001.1

· Registered
9 Posts
So we spoke to the maps people they said the modem “bricked” I need to contact hyundai customer care for the financial part. I am not paying to replace a modem (2k estimate). I didn’t ask for this update and my modem worked fine prior. So hyundai is setting me up with a. Case manager. I will try to update you when they call me 3-5 business days. SMH
What does Bricked mean?

· Registered
9 Posts
Have you solved the issue?

· Registered
10 Posts
My exact same situation! Where do you go next?
First call “maps n soft” and tell them what’s going on. They will make you troubleshoot- unplug the battery four hours. Do some reset on the radio etc. Is your car under the 5yr /60k warranty still? If it is just call the dealership- it’s covered under that. Mine was 1.5 months past it. Maps n soft requested hyundai pay for it. When Maps n soft got the ok, I called the dealership for them to submit a work order to hyundai. It was a HEADACHE.

· Registered
9 Posts
My 2017 has76,000 miles on it. Probably no warranty. I've notified mapsnsoft. They had my redo the down load and all the other things you did. No luck.
If you have a phone number or name at Hyundai and mapsnsoft that you could share that would be helpful. I'm so frustrated!
Phil

· Registered
10 Posts
My 2017 has76,000 miles on it. Probably no warranty. I've notified mapsnsoft. They had my redo the down load and all the other things you did. No luck.
If you have a phone number or name at Hyundai and mapsnsoft that you could share that would be helpful. I'm so frustrated!
Phil
the people at map n soft that helped mewith Oliver and Matthew. My dealership said they are aware of the issue people had and there was an “influx” of calls regarding issues with the update. I heard a bulletin went to the dealerships.did you buy it new? Call your dealership that you use and ask for “goodwill coverage”

· Registered
10 Posts
Phil
Advice don’t wait for a “casemanage” they are actually pointless. They did nothing to actually help me. Maps n soft helped me and my dealership service manager

· Registered
9 Posts
the people at map n soft that helped mewith Oliver and Matthew. My dealership said they are aware of the issue people had and there was an “influx” of calls regarding issues with the update. I heard a bulletin went to the dealerships.did you buy it new? Call your dealership that you use and ask for “goodwill coverage”
Thank you. Yes, I did buy the car new. I know the dealerships GM so I will call him. I also wrote to Hyundai costumer service and have a case number with them. I have spoken to Matt at mapnsoft. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts