Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think you can control this by setting the response time to a slower setting. Your experience is the same as mine. The big issue is people entering from on ramps that do not speed up and enter your lane going slower and the next lane over is occupied and you can't move over. Hyundai can't teach people how to merge into traffic!
Quite true your last sentence/statement. And i myself thought that’s what Drivers Ed was all about. Obviously not!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Quite true your last sentence/statement. And i myself thought that’s what Drivers Ed was all about. Obviously not!
A co-student of mine in "drivers ed" thought you brake going up a hill and give it gas going down a hill (she's out there somewhere)

·
Registered
29 Posts
A co-student of mine in "drivers ed" thought you brake going up a hill and give it gas going down a hill (she's out there somewhere)
I think you’re being rather unfair regarding this individual. For i believe that they, firstoff, had your name wrong. They thought you were Ed and they were transporting you somewhere. No where in particular but somewhere. Ha ha. Get it? They were Ed’s driver. And the scary thing is i am sure they are licensed and driving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have experienced something like this too. My car is only 2 weeks old. I put the distance at 4 [i think], so there's A LOT of distance between the car in front when it slows down. And it did slow down a lot. I had to manually increase my speed to reset it to my desired speed. I don't normally use any cruise on a road that has potential traffic. And if I did, I would like to fully control it myself

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh I wish.....it does not work on the 2021 Santa Fe. I drove 2 hours to my dealer because they assured me it could be disabled and we hoped it could be. But at this time it cannot be. Just needs software upgrade we were told....if Hyundai sees fit to do it.
I have a 2021 Calligraphy and it does work; I stumbled upon it by mistake - held the button down a tad too long and noticed that the display was missing the car
with the following distance graphic. It displayed only the speed setting; worked like a 'normal' cruise control would.
I dislike the smart cruise as this thread stated about no warning to following travels that the vehicle is braking - and it's not what I would call casual braking.
If it's going to do this, then it should at least flash the brake lights rapidly versus just illuminating them. Plus, I think this might, for a time or two, inhibit tailgaters
from "drafting".

Cheers!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts