Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying all the functions of my 1 week old Ultimate.
Two questions:

1) Unable to release the electronic parking brake with ignition in ON position (engine off), selector in P with brake pedal depressed. Push down the EPB button, nothing happens (it should release as per the owner manual). With the engine running, I can manually release it with the EPB button, or shift out of P for auto release. Can someone test if the EPB can be released with engine off?

2) The manual states both the top and bottom LED headlights as low/high. I turn on the headlight, only the bottom low beam is lit, top is off. I switch on the high beam, the bottom high beam is lit, the top is also lit but cannot tell if it is the high or low beam. How to check the top headlight's high and low beams?

Is my Ultimate defective or the owner manual is wrong? It is the Canada model if that makes a different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I solved the epb release issue. The trick is foot on brake pedal and push down the epb button, maintain for a few seconds.

Next, figure how to verify the 4 led headlight beams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I solved the epb release issue. The trick is foot on brake pedal and push down the epb button, maintain for a few seconds.

Next, figure how to verify the 4 led headlight beams.
I'm pretty sure the top set is low beams and the bottom set is your high beams. Top set stays on I believe even if your high beams are activated, I think it does that as the part of the high beam assist feature.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
True for lower trims without LED headlight. For the Ultimate trim, both top and bottom LED headlights have high and low beams. I tested the bottom low and high beams. I got one beam on the top lit, but can't tell if high or low beam because the eyes got messed up after looked at those bright illumination for too long. The manual refers the top as headlight, the bottom as sub headlight, each has low and high beams.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts