Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the OEM halogen H11B low beam bulb in my 2015 Sante Fe Limited. It is ok but I would like a white light to replace the more yellow halogen. I have removed the dust/weather cap for the low beam and tried removing the bulb. The direction say 1/4 turn counterclockwise but I can't get the thing to move and I do not want to break anything.

Is there a screw holding the apparatus in that needs to be removed first before doing the quarter turn of the bulb?

I have located a DIY tutorial for the second gen Sante Fe headlight bulb removal but not gen 3.

Anyone got the H11B bulb out without removing/dismantling the headlight assembly?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to correct the bulb designation. It is the high beam bulb H7SL. It is an H7 bulb and seems to not want to turn in the socket but I am not sure if there is a lock or it is just very tight and will not turn. :frown If someone has taken the H7 bulb out and it is just a tight quarter turn, let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know about halogen bulb's but most bulbs that I've removed I've had to push them in and turn at the same time.
Give that a try.
Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate and want to change the combo high beam/daytime running light bulbs. According to my manual my car is equipped with H7L bulbs (I will get to that later). My low beam/high beam bulbs are HID. I have found a few videos on You Tube for older models that show a spring-like clip that holds the bulb in place. I have examined mine and there is no clip. Does anyone know how to remove the factory bulbs for the 2015 U.S. model?

In my research for replacement bulbs, I only came across one reference to H7L bulb. Two things you might observe from the data is the gross weight difference, 17 gr for the H7L and 29 gr for the H7. I believe the weight difference is the difference in the glass/quartz glass bulb envelopes. The other thing of notice is the nominal lumens with both bulbs rated at 1500. These are not very bright bulbs. I have a couple of tactical single LED flashlights that are rated at 2300 lumens. Unfortunately most replacement bulbs in the aftermarket are temperature (color) rated and do not specify lumens. While color is a consideration, the actual brightness is more telling of visibility per se.

GE H7L Bulb Specs

Cap/Base PX26d
Bulb Shape Tubular
Bulb Diameter [mm] 11
Maximum Overall Length [mm] 60
Net weight per piece [g] 12
Gross weight per piece [g]17
Nominal lumens [lm]1500
Nominal power [W] 55
Nominal lamp voltage [V] 13

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GE H7 Bulb Specs