Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 santa-fe with 201000 miles while driving and the suv gets into 3rd gear it will all the sudden drop into 1st gear without any warning and even durning turning acceleration.i changed the the transmission input/output senors and same thing.please help

·
Registered
122 Posts
Feel forya. Got an '02, just had fluid changed. One shop told me these are designed to only go so many miles. Dunno? Had the transaxle fluid changed? Not flushed, but drain n refill with Hyundai ATF (Valvoline makes a Hyundai compatible ATF also). Good luck... love my '02 but I know she has finite miles. Keep posted on it please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i changed fluid also like you and same prolbems and some jerk reset my check engine light and its not coming back on do u know what has to happen for the check light to come back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It normally isnt good but it got teset before was able to read what was wrong with it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hay replace the following three sensors with OEM Hyundai parts may solve your transmission problem:
1) Trans-axle input speed sensor, 2)Trans-axle output speed sensor and 3) ignition fail sensor. $100 total for all three parts parts. Solved my trans slipping issue 50K mi ago..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts