Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2021 Santa Fe limited. Found a hitch for it at Realtruck. Curt #13473. $175.99, free shipping.
I know a few folks have been looking and they are back ordered on many sites including Uhaul and Etrailer.
Etrailer was $100 more for the same hitch, Hyundai $200.
Arriving within a few days of purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2021 Santa Fe limited. Found a hitch for it at Realtruck. Curt #13473. $175.99, free shipping.
I know a few folks have been looking and they are back ordered on many sites including Uhaul and Etrailer.
Thank you. I just ordered one

·
Registered
38 Posts
These hitches are simple bolt and drive? Plugs look factory installed?
Watch out as we put one in over 18 months ago and there were 2 hard tabs on the right side that has to be removed before the hitch went tight to bolt holes. I haven't installed wiring plugs since using it for bike rack etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you receive your Curt hitch? I ordered mine from Realtruck because it was in stock and would ship this week which is critical fir me. I’m now beginning to wonder if they have or had them in stock. Order status is “pending “ and the curt part no longer shows on searches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just canceled my Realtruck order since they never had the hitch in stock and won’t have them until everyone else in July. Took a week to finally be told it wouldn’t ship on time and only because I got a human on the phone

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you receive your Curt hitch? I ordered mine from Realtruck because it was in stock and would ship this week which is critical fir me. I’m now beginning to wonder if they have or had them in stock. Order status is “pending “ and the curt part no longer shows on searches.
Yes I got mine on Tuesday. Took longer to ship I guess because of the holiday and we are in the eastern Sierra,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just canceled my Realtruck order since they never had the hitch in stock and won’t have them until everyone else in July. Took a week to finally be told it wouldn’t ship on time and only because I got a human on the phone
Sorry to hear that, as I mentioned I got mine.....but when I go on their website now I don't see them listed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installed the hitch today. Beefy bugger rated at 4,000 lbs., could have used something lighter as I don't plan to pull more than half that. Instead of dropping the exhaust right away as the instructions call for, I slid the passenger end of the hitch onto the top of the exhaust. By resting that end of the hitch on the exhaust I was able to lift the other end and start a couple of bolts working by myself and lying under the vehicle. Next I reached in and started a couple of inboard bolts on the passenger end. I then dropped the exhaust by sliding out the rubber bushings from the rear two exhaust hangers with the help of a pair of Channel locks. Had blocks ready to support exhaust but they were not needed. Hardest part was tightening the bolt directly above the exhaust. All six bolts are the same length (long) but I could only manage about a 1/8 to 1/4 turn at a time on that bolt. Lubed the pins on the exhaust hangers and reinstalled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts