Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 2022 Santa FE PHEV soon. Looking at the Curt and the OEM hitch. Is it worth the extra money for the OEM hitch in the looks department? I will only be using the hitch for the bike rack so don't care at all about the towing capacity.

Pictures of both installs would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bet they are made by the same people. Go Curt (or Draw Tite) if available. Install videos are available with a quick search. Looks easy, but a floor jack would likely be needed if you do not need a helper. Only downer I have seen is 7 pin trailer adapters are not available for trailer brakes. Not applicable to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picking up a 2022 Santa FE PHEV soon. Looking at the Curt and the OEM hitch. Is it worth the extra money for the OEM hitch in the looks department? I will only be using the hitch for the bike rack so don't care at all about the towing capacity.

Pictures of both installs would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I believe Laynet is correct. Somebody has to supply them to Hyundai. I highly doubt that they have their own hitch factory. I purchased mine from etrailer.com. I bought the Curt hitch because all you can see is the 2" square receiver vs alot of visible metal that the Drawtite has plus their gawdy labeling. They will also have your wiring harness kit as well. Very easy install. I completed it by myself. Watch their installation video.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am likely going to go with the Curt. Looks cleaner than the Draw Tite.

I have actually installed many Curt hitched for myself and friends. This one looks just as easy as some of the others I have done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Santa Fe owner here. Just picked up a 2022 SEL two weeks ago and I am enjoying it.

I had installed a Curt model on my previous vehicle (2018 Kia Sportage) and it worked out extremely well with a simple install and high-quality hitch made for the vehicle. I too only use it for my bicycle rack (2" receiver). I had purchased that from etrailer.com for $133 so I headed back expecting a similar price, but understanding there would likely be a price increase with all the supply chain issues as well as a bit more materials due to the design required. I was hoping to see a price like $150 - $175, but really wasn't sure what to expect.

I was a bit shocked when the price offered was $336! I contacted them to see if they could do anything for a repeat customer, knowing I wasn't a frequent buyer. Their reply was no.

Searching around I finally found the same Curt hitch at carid.com for $197 shipped (CURT® 13473 - Class 3 Trailer Hitch with 2" Receiver Opening (carid.com) ). Arrived within five days and was an easy purchase.

Thought I would post my success in case it helps anyone else out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts