Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, hope this post might help a few folks.
2021 limited 2.5 turbo....towed 2500 lbs. in the eastern Sierra including up and over Conway summit at 8,000'.
Ran the loaded trailer over the scale to confirm...2,465 lbs.
The car barely noticed, going up the grade plenty of peddle left.
No electric brakes on the trailer I was using but light traffic here in the mountain west.
To bad about the tranny recall, car is awesome.
BTW....55,000 cars produced about 250 failures.....we'll see.

·
Registered
118 Posts
BTW....55,000 cars produced about 250 failures.....we'll see.
Hey, where did you get those numbers? I thought the vehicles produced were over 100K, and failures less than 250. You probably meant 55K recalled SFs, right? However, newer SFs like mine could be affected by a bad pump, even though they're not affected by the (software) recall. Guess we'll find out. But my SF is not going to go anywhere. Ha ha. Not going to lose my a$$ to replace it with a potentially worse vehicle reliability-wise, especially since I like my SF more than any potential replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, where did you get those numbers? I thought the vehicles produced were over 100K, and failures less than 250. You probably meant 55K recalled SFs, right? However, newer SFs like mine could be affected by a bad pump, even though they're not affected by the (software) recall. Guess we'll find out. But my SF is not going to go anywhere. Ha ha. Not going to lose my a$$ to replace it with a potentially worse vehicle reliability-wise, especially since I like my SF more than any potential replacement.
As of 10/15/22

I'm referring to Hyundai only.
53,000 vehicles involved, spread over six different Hyundai models including SF.
230 complaints from 6/1/21-9/26/22
carcomplaints.com
You may be thinking of the total number of cars involved including Kia models?
I'm driving mine, it's 1 1/2 hour drive just to go to town for us.
Having said that we are only at about 25,000 miles on the odometer.....so we'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts