Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I have a 2007 Santa Fe v6 Limited, which I love :). It does have the towing package. I want to tow a 2000lb dry wt travel trailer ( don't know yet how much we can load ). The manual says I can pull 3500 lbs. But I need to know what is the maximum GCWR ( combined wt of both loaded trailer and loaded car) is. Hyundai has been stunningly unhelpful. Any one have any info they can share?

Kathy B

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings! I have a 2007 Santa Fe v6 Limited, which I love :). It does have the towing package. I want to tow a 2000lb dry wt travel trailer ( don't know yet how much we can load ). The manual says I can pull 3500 lbs. But I need to know what is the maximum GCWR ( combined wt of both loaded trailer and loaded car) is. Hyundai has been stunningly unhelpful. Any one have any info they can share?

Kathy B

Did you find any information out?

I have a 2016 Santa fe V6 limited as well I love it.

I have a 1200 lbs trailer with a 1700 lb Utv that I want to tow and want to make sure it is all good before i tow.
I am pre-wired so I'm ordering a hitch and harness and brake controller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your towing capacity is 5000 lbs, so my guess is you should be fine. Our Scamp trailer comes next month and we can't wait to try it. Be sure to get additional wiring necessary - I thought we were prewired as well but what it meant was it was ready for the brake, etc wiring to be installed. But again, that is on a 2007 model; your manual should be able to help. Our Santa Fe is paid for so we will hold out on buying the next one, but I can't see buying any other SUV it's been so great!

Kathy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your towing capacity is 5000 lbs, so my guess is you should be fine. Our Scamp trailer comes next month and we can't wait to try it. Be sure to get additional wiring necessary - I thought we were prewired as well but what it meant was it was ready for the brake, etc wiring to be installed. But again, that is on a 2007 model; your manual should be able to help. Our Santa Fe is paid for so we will hold out on buying the next one, but I can't see buying any other SUV it's been so great!

Kathy

Yea ours is ready to just plug the harness kit up to it and we will have the 4 pin but I need 7 pins so its two different harnesses haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to know how it towed! I will also let you know what it's like towing our trailer. We are just about at the max and will have to be careful what we load into it. I guess I will have to go without my usual 10 pairs of shoes when I travel! ha ha

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd love to know how it towed! I will also let you know what it's like towing our trailer. We are just about at the max and will have to be careful what we load into it. I guess I will have to go without my usual 10 pairs of shoes when I travel! ha ha
Are you using an Equalizer? it will help with stability and control over the trailer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes we will. My husband says he wants to wait until the trailer is here before deciding which hitch to get. This is our 4th trailer, so he is kind of picky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts