Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question. I recently bought my 2017 Santa Fe XL, its 6cylinder tow weight is 5,000 lbs, I also recently bought a 2019 Winnebago Minnie Drop the gross weight is 4,000 lbs. Now im getting conflicting stories from people saying my car can pull my trailer and people saying it cant. I don't know who to believe. I just bought this car for the purpose of towing my trailer. So from what im hearing it looks like I may have to sell my car and by a truck and I really don't want to do that cause that means I will have to put out more money. And I am mad at the dealer that I bought my Santa Fe for lying to me saying my car never had any accidents and I just found out from another dealer that looked up the history of my car and it has been in a accident. So anyway I really need to find out if my car can pull my trailer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Towing with the Santa Fe

Paul - Yes supposedly the SF if properly equipped can pull up to 5K lbs. I think the issue is that your trailer weighs in at 4K. Add to that all the stuff normally carried in the trailer and then that takes you up another 6 or 700 lbs putting real close to the max. I also purchased my SF with the thought of pulling a trailer. I bought a SF that had the OEM tow package, put in an electric brake system and then bought a 3000lb trailer. We got everything put together in Nov 19 but didn't take it out until Feb 2020, right at the beginning of the virus and then for only four days. Fast forward five months and I'm having transmission problems which I've written about on this forum. Don't know if the two are connected, but I'm very leary about taking the trailer out again. BTW, my trailer weighs 3K and we had about 500 lbs of stuff in it, so it still was below the max. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.