Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just purchased a new 21 Santa Fe Calligraphy and put winter tires on. Apparently they do not have the pressure sensors and now we have a pressure light illuminated on the dash. Our dealer recommended against the sensors. Is there any way to disable this light as it is very annoying? When we put the summers back on they have sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have just purchased a new 21 Santa Fe Calligraphy and put winter tires on. Apparently they do not have the pressure sensors and now we have a pressure light illuminated on the dash. Our dealer recommended against the sensors. Is there any way to disable this light as it is very annoying? When we put the summers back on they have sensors.
I don't think there is a way to disable it. I am in same situation but I am planning to just buy aftermarket Hyundai compatible sensors from amazon before next winter.
Sensors have to be specific to the year and model and you will need tool to activate it as some report that new sensors are automatically found within first 20 min drive it may not always be the case.
Total cost of aftermarket sensors ( not including installation ) should be around 200$ CAD

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Limited
1 Posts
I don't think there is a way to disable it. I am in same situation but I am planning to just buy aftermarket Hyundai compatible sensors from amazon before next winter.
Sensors have to be specific to the year and model and you will need tool to activate it as some report that new sensors are automatically found within first 20 min drive it may not always be the case.
Total cost of aftermarket sensors ( not including installation ) should be around 200$ CAD
I also have winter tires on winter wheels and have the light on the dash. The local tire shop was going to sell me these for around $43 (x4), but I bought myself...
Schrader EZ-Sensor GO 33560 Programmable TPMS Sensor with Rubber Snap in Valve Stem
Brand: Schrader
Price:$26.95
I have a 2019, so I'd make sure of compatibility with your model. The said they can clone the original tpms modules so the car thinks they are the same between summer/winter wheels/tires. I will have them installed this coming week to clear the warning light on the dash! Good luck!
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.