Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Santa Fe and this week a TIMA.EXE error message has appeared on the GPS screen. Turning off the car has eliminated the message. But it has occurred twice this week. Has anyone experienced this before? What is this message about as it is in Korean. How did you resolve the issue? Do you need to update the GPS at the dealership? Thanks.
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I found this related link. It's on another Hyundai forum. It won't let me attach the full link to my post so I'm going to break it up. I put 2 spaces after each period, so just remove those 2 spaces.

https://www. hyundai-forums. com/dm-2013-santa-fe/158880-navigation-unit-going-crazy.html

Not sure if it's the same thing but the description given by one of the posters appears to be similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The reset might work. Tima.exe has disappeared. I called dealer and they asked around. No one has seen this. They said to bring it in for GPS updating. Gonna cost $500 for software and labor. I think I'll wait and see what happens. Not under warranty....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. The reset might work. Tima.exe has disappeared. I called dealer and they asked around. No one has seen this. They said to bring it in for GPS updating. Gonna cost $500 for software and labor. I think I'll wait and see what happens. Not under warranty....
That popped screen is the beginning of the end of the NAV/Radio unit.
Don't go to the scam to update the GPS.
My unit start with the same issue.
Now it's hard falling
I went ro the dealer and they diagnosed bad and I have ro spend 3k$ in a new unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts