Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i am looking for some help and advice. I have a 2005 santa fe 2.0 diesel i have only owned the motor for about 3 months all as been fine with it and was running great. trouble is it as now developed a pain in the butt problem,it will turn over but it will not start,it will start up if you use a spray of easy start, i have had diagnostics done at local hyundai garage and they put it down to 1 of 3 things, glow plugs,camshaft position sensor or wiring fault they offered to do the work for £695 but as i am out of work at the moment i could not afford this so fetched it back. I had the glow plugs and camshaft position sensor changed by a local mechanic who did it cheap for me ( friend of my brother).but it was still doing the same, so booked it in to auto electrics garage and had all electrics checked and they found no faults at all .car runs great when it does decide to start and could not wish for a better engine. i am now at my wits end i don,t wont to scrap the motor it is to good for that but i don,t know what else to do, so if there is anyone out there who can shed some light on the situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like fuel is NOT getting delivered, possibly
Are their any codes?
-- BATTERY--
-volts should be 12.6v(key out)

( A simple loose positive or ground to the BATT terminal can cause all sorts of problems.)
-Check fuses under the HOOD:
Fuel pump relay,etc.
-Possible faulty Crankshaft Sensor

TIP:Instead of going to a mechanic to have them scan your computer because of a check engine light on why not invest in a scanner from an auto parts store( around $150, or less )
TIP: Have someone check ALL sensors under the hood with a multi-meter to see if their readings fall within the manufacturers resistance ranges.

Hope that helps.
God Bless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts