Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to update the radio software on my 2021 Santa Fe Limited. I copied the update files from the Hyundai download site and extracted them to a thumb drive formatted with FAT32. When plug the thumb drive into the car and try to update, the car says "No compatible files" . What's wrong?

·
Registered
118 Posts
You need to format the USB stick as 'EXFAT', not FAT32. And the instructions say so. However, the latest update was pulled for some reason, but it was apparently posted back, since you were able to download it. I downloaded the 'bad' files, and updated both my '22 SF and '23 G70, and they're working fine. Will redo it on both just in case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to format the USB stick as 'EXFAT', not FAT32. And the instructions say so. However, the latest update was pulled for some reason, but it was apparently posted back, since you were able to download it. I downloaded the 'bad' files, and updated both my '22 SF and '23 G70, and they're working fine. Will redo it on both just in case.
I keep reading suggestions about the format USB sticks must have and I am confused more than usual. I have only done one update to my 22 SEL, so maybe I don't have enough experience, but as I recall the formatting method was handled by the system automatically after downloading to my PC and inserting the USB stick. A clear warning appeared before anything began stating the USB stick would be formatted (ExFat I believe) and anything on the stick would be erased and lost.

Why do I continue to see people advising we should format the stick in such and such format? It appears to me this is all an exercise that means nothing as the downloaded files take care of it no matter what we do to the stick before beginning the process.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
118 Posts
At least for my Calligraphy, that's what it calls for. Plus with the proper format, the system sees the USB stick as a hard drive, which is the quicker and more reliable method to download the updates (rather than to the computer, and then the stick). But you can try it any way you want :). I've done it 5 times already, and zero issues like that, with a SanDisk USB 3.0 64GB sick.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
9 Posts
I keep reading suggestions about the format USB sticks must have and I am confused more than usual. I have only done one update to my 22 SEL, so maybe I don't have enough experience, but as I recall the formatting method was handled by the system automatically after downloading to my PC and inserting the USB stick. A clear warning appeared before anything began stating the USB stick would be formatted (ExFat I believe) and anything on the stick would be erased and lost.

Why do I continue to see people advising we should format the stick in such and such format? It appears to me this is all an exercise that means nothing as the downloaded files take care of it no matter what we do to the stick before beginning the process.

What am I missing?
There is a different process, depending upon whether you are downloading an update for models with navigation, versus models without navigation. The navigation updater process is as you've described with your '22 SEL.

·
Registered
70 Posts

What am I missing?
I always like to run the format myself. I’ve done 2 updates and it has to be at least 64gb stick and on ExFat. So far no issues getting it to update. But now my connection from my iPhone Apple Car Platy gets wonky. It’s slow to react to the touchscreen and when I use Google Maps it can be as much as 1/2 mile behind where I’m at on the road. I use ir because the built in Mav system sucks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh man; don't tell me that. I haven't used Google maps/ACP yet, but I set it up precisely because the factory nav is crap now. It used to be awesome, peaking on our ex-2016 Optima SX-L, where it 'bongued' when you needed to turn (why was that deleted?), and you had clear exits when there were 2 close to each other. No more. And you get instructions to exit BEFORE the first of 2 exits, so it's very easy to exit early. This is an issue in large cities, with crappy traffic control. I'm about to redo my update, since there was an issue with it, so the damage is probably done already anyway. Will start the update in a few minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I believe it's an IOS issue. I've used Carplay extensively for Google maps and it worked perfectly fine until maybe about a month ago. I'd get the exact same symptoms (touch screen lag, Google maps showed me as far as a half mile behind, etc). As soon as I unplugged the phone, the system would work perfectly fine. This was with the "older" navigation software the car came with. I have not updated the navigation software as of yet, but at this point, looks like there's no rush to do so either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts