Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since our '22 SF Hybrid Limited was built in June I assumed it had the latest software. Well it didn't and I just installed the April '22 update. What a huge difference. The stereo updates alone are well worth the effort (the updates are free at Hyundai's map update sit). And it now remembers what screen you were on upon restart. No more screen saver upon startup. There are also some great NAV, voice recognition and split screen improvements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since our '22 SF Hybrid Limited was built in June I assumed it had the latest software. Well it didn't and I just installed the April '22 update. What a huge difference. The stereo updates alone are well worth it. And it now remembers what screen you were on upon restart. No more screen saver upon startup. There are also some great NAV, voice recognition and split screen improvements.
When you say it was "worth it", does it cost something, or do you mean its worth the trouble?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say it was "worth it", does it cost something, or do you mean its worth the trouble?
Well worth the trouble. The software is free at Hyundai's map update site. You will need a 64gb USB drive or larger. I bought one this evening at Wallyworld for $10. I recommend getting a 3.0 card.

·
Registered
2022 Fanta Fe Hybrid Limited
3 Posts
The radio screen is completely revamped. Gone are the cheesy analog tubes and the presets now show the station and can be sorted.
So, does this update include any vehicle voice commands? It seems strange that voice recognition only allows me to manage the fan and the steering wheel heat and nothing else.
Sc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, does this update include any vehicle voice commands? It seems strange that voice recognition only allows me to manage the fan and the steering wheel heat and nothing else.
Sc
They revamped the way the voice recognition looks on the screen when activated. I'm guessing they fixed some things. Not sure if they added any additional commands. Pretty sure you could always tune the stations and toggle the heated seats by voice. I know the nav by voice was working fine before the update.

The update is a no brainer as it's free and also updates you maps. There should be another update coming this Fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts