Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car in today to the dealership because of a noisy blower, they replaced both air filters 2 weeks ago. They just told me there was a rodent that got 'mashed up' in the rotor assembly. They have to replace the rotor and clean everything out. I assumed it is a pretty closed system and how a rodent can get thru the air filters (which are new and undamaged). The service manager says they can get into anything and could not say if it was a closed system?
Anyone heard anything like this before?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some time back I was having trouble with my 2014 Santa Fe running very rough and not being able to move at all. I had it towed to the dealer. Long story short, a mouse crawled into the air intake, ate through the air filter and had babies in there. The mouse and her family was then sucked into the engine causing the engine not to run. They had to disassemble the air inlet and the related parts. Nothing was damaged other than the air filter. $260.00 later everything was fine. Plus $250 for the car rental for the weekend that I had to pay.
I ended up making a screen to cover the air intake horn. No more problems!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts