Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited and I hear a lot of noise (road noise, wind noise) as speed increases above say 50 mph. I didn't see any comments from reviewers about noise before my purchase. This model has all the bells and whistles including panoramic sunroof and 19" wheels. Any suggestions about what to do to reduce noise? This model has a V6 which seems to run smooth.

Is there a forum for Santa Fe XL's?

·
Registered
24 Posts
quote=superduper;43861]I just purchased a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited and I hear a lot of noise (road noise, wind noise) as speed increases above say 50 mph. I didn't see any comments from reviewers about noise before my purchase. This model has all the bells and whistles including panoramic sunroof and 19" wheels. Any suggestions about what to do to reduce noise? This model has a V6 which seems to run smooth.

Is there a forum for Santa Fe XL's?[/quote]

Check out this site
Looks like this forum doesn't like competing forums :=(
I tried to copy/paste this location and it would not work so Google Hyundai Forums they have the XL model

·
Registered
4 Posts
Per the stats / test by Car and Driver - the 2019 SF Ultimate scored better than its peers in noise levels. The Car and Driver test was published 4/5/2019, against similar other 2-row SUVs - Chevy Blazer, Ford Edge, Honda Passport, and the Nissan Murano. All of the cars tested were the upper level models / trim level options. This article was one of the reasons why I tested the SF in the first place. Previously I was heavily biased towards the Honda.

Per that test, the SF Ultimate tied with the Ford Edge at Idle at 37dBA both at the lowest sound level of the 5. Then at 70 mph the SF Ultimate scored the best (lowest) sound rating of all 5 at 64dBA. At Full Throttle, the SF was 2nd behind the Ford Edge. The Edge at 68dBA, the SF at 72dBA. Thus the SF had higher engine noise at high RPM's.

My own un-scientific experience had the SF Ultimate at the same or slightly quieter than the Passport. Before buying I had tried 4 out of those 5 (did not like the Chevy outright so never drove it). I had narrowed it down to the SF or the Passport, test drove each numerous times & back to back from one to the other several times. However I never drove the top of the line Passport since the price they wanted for it was way above (and in my opinion unreasonably high) what I was going to spend for a car.

It appears your experience is different, but I consider my SF fairly quiet overall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts