Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy with 7615 miles was towed to Baytown Hyundai on June 21, 2022 with a transmission or computer problem. It would not go forward or backward.
First they said no loaner or rental because they need to diagnose the problem and they were too busy to do that.
Then they said it was a transmission that needed replacing and they would contact us about the rental or loaner. They never did.
Then they said the transmission was on backorder and they would contact us later yesterday or the next day about rental. They never did. This is 3 weeks after they received the car and we have been without the car.
Today, they said Enterprize may be able to get us a rental car on Friday, July 15, 2022.

Is this normal in how a new car dealer handles rental or loaner cars?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Our 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy with 7615 miles was towed to Baytown Hyundai on June 21, 2022 with a transmission or computer problem. It would not go forward or backward.
First they said no loaner or rental because they need to diagnose the problem and they were too busy to do that.
Then they said it was a transmission that needed replacing and they would contact us about the rental or loaner. They never did.
Then they said the transmission was on backorder and they would contact us later yesterday or the next day about rental. They never did. This is 3 weeks after they received the car and we have been without the car.
Today, they said Enterprize may be able to get us a rental car on Friday, July 15, 2022.

I'm sorry, I mistated. The Baytown Hyundai actually called us today, the 13th and gave us a number for Enterprise Rental. Enterprise said maybe Friday, the 15th, they would have a car for us.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my experience with a new SF that they kept for several days... 1st they offered a rental but tried to stuff me into a compact car, I then drove to the dealership in the rental car and spoke with the general manager, I then got a ford full size SUV for a loaner, settle only for something comparable was my thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. We have 3 grandkids under 9 and the two of us so although we mentioned we needed a bigger car, Enterprise said it would likely be chevy malibu. So we thank you. It will be 24 days without a car after the transmission failure and then stuck in a smaller car than our Calligraphy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man, hope the DCT-8 on my 4/22 built SF Calli has improvements to avoid that kind of fate in the future. Wonder what's failing. Any word what is the culprit of the failures? Is it mechanical, or electronic? Just curious. I'd ask dealers what exactly failed, to know what it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They just said transmission was bad and backordered another. No word on details.
But the display said AWD problem. See the dealer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh, so might be AWD related. Interesting what others with a tranny problem own (AWD or FWD). I like my DCT-8; it's quirky, but being a manual tranny guy, I enjoy it more than a TC one. Ha ha. But seems less robust and less refined than the PDK on my ex-Porsche, so a bit nervous about long-term reliability. We'll see, I guess :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 22 Santa Fe XL around 11,000 miles. I woke up one morning after getting a stuck in some loose grave to my dash lit up like a christmas tree and the app showing every frame sensors with multiple error codes. Mind you nothing was on after I got unstuck. The power steering also failed. So I had to get it towed in. They would not give me a loaner like above story till the diagnoses which actually turned up nothing but what they say was some kind of "fluke" 5 days later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue! I have a 21 SF with 8,765 miles on it and have to have the transmission replaced.
I was given the go ahead for rental reimbursement but Enterprise wants to charge $1500/wk. there’s no way I can afford that upfront and still pay my monthly lease.
As of this morning the dealership texted me stating there is still no ETA as the part is back ordered.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Were you finally able to get a transmission or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man, I just hope Hyundai fixed whatever is happening with these DCT-8s with my April-built 2022. Not a good time to have a freaking breakdown like that now, with supply chain issues everywhere. Good luck guys, and please keep us posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts