Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Santa Fe Sport Ultimate 2.0 Turbo push button start.

I tried doing a search, but after the SEVENTH screen of trying to convince the *(&^%$#@ thing I wasn't a robot, I quit...

It needs a remote start - NOT THE HYUNDAI THING WITH THE PHONE.

It doesn't have to make coffee, work from half a mile away, or do anything else bizarre. Just start the car. One way, don't need to have a conversation with the thing. Just start the car. I'd prefer it use the existing dongle 'cause it only needs to work about a hundred feet.

Can someone point me to what will work for this vehicle. Preferably a basic one that works well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2017 Santa Fe Sport Ultimate 2.0 Turbo push button start.

I tried doing a search, but after the SEVENTH screen of trying to convince the *(&^%$#@ thing I wasn't a robot, I quit...

It needs a remote start - NOT THE HYUNDAI THING WITH THE PHONE.

It doesn't have to make coffee, work from half a mile away, or do anything else bizarre. Just start the car. One way, don't need to have a conversation with the thing. Just start the car. I'd prefer it use the existing dongle 'cause it only needs to work about a hundred feet.

Can someone point me to what will work for this vehicle. Preferably a basic one that works well.
Hopefully someone will respond that actually has one working. I just bought a 2019 Santa Fe & am using the myhyundai internet setup ok, the only thing I need to remember when home in the garage is be sure the car is locked or it fails. But I almost bought a 2018 RAV4 closeout and it needed a $500-690 installed at dealer system which was the MPC that sells on Amazon for about $200 (hard to believe labor is $300+). That also shows it working for Remote Start Kit with Keyless Entry for 2013-2017 Hyundai Santa Fe .

Again if someone responds that actually has it or another brand working that'd be best. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found places last year that could put one in, but at that time I was looking at the 2-way units that use a separate dongle. That seems like overkill so I'm hoping to find a "simple" one that uses the factory dongle. If I recall correctly, Hyundai HAD a remote starter, but it was something over $600, which is pretty ridiculous.

I can't imagine there aren't a LOT of people in here using a remote start, and not that goofy thing with the cell phone that REQUIRES you to buy the other package so you can by the remote start package! So, who's got a recent (2017 or newer) push-button start Hyundai with a reasonable remote start?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts