Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Santa Fe SEL. I love it, and we often use the remote start feature to get the inside temps comfortable in advance.

The one thing we cannot stand is the stupid, annoying flashing front & rear hazard lights when the car is idling. It attracts unwanted attention....especially at night.
My wife starts the car at about 3:30am when going to work. My neighbor saw the flashing lights and thought something was wrong.

Hyundai says it is a "safety feature" (how is that? the car is locked)
Safety Feature?...I totally disagree. It is annoying AND attracts unwanted attention.

Is there a way that the flashing hazard lights can be deactivated?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah that seems ridiculous... My 2017 Camaro has remote start and it does not turn on the flashers after you start the car. The flashers blink once since you need to lock it before starting the car but after that it just sits and idles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 Santa Fe SEL. I love it, and we often use the remote start feature to get the inside temps comfortable in advance.

The one thing we cannot stand is the stupid, annoying flashing front & rear hazard lights when the car is idling. It attracts unwanted attention....especially at night.
My wife starts the car at about 3:30am when going to work. My neighbor saw the flashing lights and thought something was wrong.

Hyundai says it is a "safety feature" (how is that? the car is locked)
Safety Feature?...I totally disagree. It is annoying AND attracts unwanted attention.

Is there a way that the flashing hazard lights can be deactivated?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is awful the blinking lights. Neighbor texted me at 5:15am when I go to the gym to tell me someone is breaking into my car.
I am going to ask the mechanic at dealership if they can disable it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.