Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things have been a bit quiet here lately, I thought I'd start a new thread on a couple important topics. Perhaps most owners know of these but I've learned recently.

1. Safety recalls vs service campaigns

A safety recall can be found using the VIN and the myhyundai website
There has already been a recall on improper side airbag installations for some Santa Fe's manufactured last summer.

BUT a service campaign is different and will not show on the recall search or monthly health reports. For example, some Santa Fe 2.4L engines just had this come out: [#T3M] - Hyundai Motor America is conducting a Service Campaign to update the ECM & ESC on certain 2019 model year Santa Fe 2.4L vehicles. Service Campaign T3M provides a service procedure to update the ECM & ESC software.
Hopefully you will find out about this from Hyundai or your dealer, but they don't appear to have the urgency of a recall.

2. Owners Manuals online

In case you want to read (and SEARCH, very handy to do using upper left search symbol) vs flip through pages in the glove box books.

https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/resources/manuals-warranties.html

Just put in year and model, I've used on a PC with large monitor, not sure how well it translates to tablets on smart phone tiny displays.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the link. I've been searching for the owner's manual online and could not find it. Funny, your link brings up the Owner's Manual for the 2019 Santa Fe (as well as other 2019 Santa Fe manuals), however if one puts in the 2019 Santa Fe and the model number on that page, it brings up nothing for manuals. Not sure I understand why.... but I'm really glad you posted this as I was able to download the manuals from the glove box in electronic format.

And, I was aware of the Airbag recall (was done on my Santa Fe) but I will have to check with the dealer on the Service Campaign for T3M. Not sure if that will address the 2 issues when mine would not start correctly or not.... certainly worth checking out. Thanks for sharing!:nerd It is information like this that makes these forums so valuable!

Update on Jan 8, 2019: Called my local service department and the T3M Service Campaign applies to my vehicle, so made an appointment for near the end of the month to have that applied.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I've been searching for the owner's manual online and could not find it. Funny, your link brings up the Owner's Manual for the 2019 Santa Fe (as well as other 2019 Santa Fe manuals), however if one puts in the 2019 Santa Fe and the model number on that page, it brings up nothing for manuals. Not sure I understand why.... but I'm really glad you posted this as I was able to download the manuals from the glove box in electronic format.
Yes, I just tried this myself, DO NOT put in the model ie SELECT TRIM item or it shows no manuals. Just drop down 2019 then Santa Fe, not the last box, and you will get the manuals you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts