Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2021 Santa Fe 2.5 liter turbo.
Recall #207.
Possible fuel leak between high pressure pump and fuel rail......
Fire risk.
I have a 2022 Santa Fe and I checked on the NHTSA website and either mine is not part of the recall or it was done before I picked it up the end of August. I don't know how to tell which way it was, either not part of the recall or previously done?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took our 2021 SF limited in for first service, brake issue and "op code 207 high fuel pipe ins&rep (21-01-055h-1)" They were swamped and since the brake issue would take some time and they did not have a loaner available, the last two items (fuel line and brakes) rescheduled until 11/16/21. I don't know which VINs are affected but they did not question it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's possible so few cars are affected they are rolling the dice on this one. Cheaper to pay for a few fires than recall the whole line? We've seen it before from car companies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So the dealer thinks the shudder I described in another post might be the transmission and not the brakes. They are re-setting it to original program as it came from the factory. They say it will have to "relearn my driving habits". Whatever that means. They did find some irregularities or high spots on the brake rotors so they will turn those. We took the car in for those items and the fuel line recall. Initially they thought the recall did not affect our vehicle but then said they misread the part number and a fuel line needed to be replaced. They did not want to release the car until it was replaced. They had to order the fuel line so it will be a few days. You might have to really question your dealer on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts