Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

Have 2019 Santa Fe SEL 2.4l. Attempting to change out the rear wiper blade. The instruction manual shows that I can raise the arm for the blade to an almost 90 degree position in order to change it out. The reality is that the arm only raises a couple inches off of the glass , thus thwarting any attempt to flip the blade back to un-clip from the arm. I've looked for anything that could be a release for the arm, but no go.

I was able to flip open the cap that hides the bolt for the entire arm piece, but I don't wish to go that route. May have to have the dealer do the change out instead, but wish to know how the process works on the change out.

Thanks!

Simon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good day,

Have 2019 Santa Fe SEL 2.4l. Attempting to change out the rear wiper blade. The instruction manual shows that I can raise the arm for the blade to an almost 90 degree position in order to change it out. The reality is that the arm only raises a couple inches off of the glass , thus thwarting any attempt to flip the blade back to un-clip from the arm. I've looked for anything that could be a release for the arm, but no go.

I was able to flip open the cap that hides the bolt for the entire arm piece, but I don't wish to go that route. May have to have the dealer do the change out instead, but wish to know how the process works on the change out.

Thanks!

Simon
I spotted this from another on line forum for a 2019 Santa Fe (I have NOT tried it) When you raise the arm away from the window and it stops after the inch you describe, you then have to use more force and it'll "unsnap" from the detent, allowing it to pull further away from the window. It takes a bit of courage to get it to do this, as it feels as if you're going to break it, but you'll feel the disengagement, and the arm then can be pulled back to a resting position.

There is a short 43 sec UTube video out as well showing removing that cap at the end then pulling it on the pre-2019 versions. GL!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The information you provided is correct, RochHam. It is a test of faith on pulling the arm back far enough to 'unsnap' from the detent without feeling you are going to break the arm, mounting or crack the glass.

Thank you for the research on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts