Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can somebody solve this issue for me? The rear windshield motor runs but the plastic gears were stripped. Replaced with new motor but it would not work. removed and hooked it up to battery and new motor worked. Again hooked it up to the harness and it worked. Shut it off and mounted the motor. It will not run. washer pump works fine. This makes no sense to me!!!! Can someone suggest what could be wrong. Could there be a problem with the circuit board attached to the pump harness?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Possible earthing issue . . . ??!!
Casing gets earthed . . . and system uses earth/Ground to finish a cycle . . . (I believe . . )
When removed might be worth trying to test using a cable from the battery to the casing. . .
Hope this helps . . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wiper

Thank you tc. Do you mean hook up a wire from the negative battery to the casing. Are you saying we may have interrupted th
e power in the middle of a cycle. I will try this when we get a warm day. It is -15 C here tonight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rear Wiper not working

Hi Justin . . .
Can you please confirm first that the interior light in the boot/tailgate space comes on when the Glass Hatch or the Tailgate is opened . . ?? (Not the interior/central light for the front doors . . !!)
If this light does not come on, then the motor will be inhibited . . Due to it thinking the hatch is open.
(Have heard of corroded connections at the hatch latch area . . . . ;-)

I have checked on my car . . . The lamp in the cargo/tailgate space only comes on for the rear window/hatch or tailgate opened . . .
Let me know . . . ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wiper

Thank you kindly for your knowledge and insight. When I closed the hatch/rear door, everything worked perfectly. By the way, there was a manual switch at the top that was switched off. Don't know of that had anything to do with the wiper circuit but it doesn't matter now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Justin . . Good news . . .
Found the info by 'grazing' other sites . . . ;-)
(Was trying to find a wiring diagram . . . )
Regards, Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts