Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The button on the rear hatch on my 2019 Santa fe Ultimate doesn't work. The buttons on the dash, the key fob and the hands free will all open the hatch. I took it to the dealer to have the switch checked out and was told the switch is working fine but both spindle motors aren't fully extending which is causing the hatch not to open with the button. This doesn't make any sense to me as I believe the same spindle motors are used to open the hatch regardless of which button is activated. If the spindle motors are the problem I would assume the hatch wouldn't open with any switches. The cost to replace the spindle motors is over $1,000.00. I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and what the solution was before I spend the money to replace the spindle motors.
Thanks

·
Registered
'22 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC • Hampton Gray / Black
5 Posts
Can you open manually from the rear? Is it that there is not action from the button, or does it pop and then not lift?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it's working with the other methods, it has to be the freaking button then. I'd check the connector, and maybe check the button for continuity when pressing it. The issue has to be there if everything else is working. Lazy techs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's working with the other methods, it has to be the freaking button then. I'd check the connector, and maybe check the button for continuity when pressing it. The issue has to be there if everything else is working. Lazy techs.
That’s exactly what I was thinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts