Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 SF 3.5l 116,000 miles. Recently it has started stalling, I've looked up stalling issues but all I've found are the recalls and complaints about newet models. It stalls after running for over 45min, it does it when either coming to a stopp and the engine is dropping in rpm or when at a stop idling. Also the AC will blow hot air when at a stop during high traffic until you either start moving or rev the engine to give it higher rpm. (Not sure if this is related or not to the stalling). There are no codes coming up and the temp isnt rising when at a stop. In the past on other vehicles if the thermostat gets stuck it caused my truck to stall without over heating, also something I saw was the throttle position sensor and Im not sure if that's a possible fix. I just thought I would hit some forums before going to a mechanic and having a bunch of things replaced that won't solve the issue.
If anyone else has had this issue and knows the fix id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stalling after 45

It could be your coolant sensor---
--Run engine until it's warm,
--Unplug Coolant sensor
--If rad fan DOES NOT turn on
then replace wire harness.

Other suggestions:--Check Ohm's:
-TPS, throttle position sensor
-ICS, idle control sensor
-CSS-Camshaft sensor
-CKS-Crankshaft Sensor
-MAP sensor
Battery / alternator / ignition coils
-Canister Purge Selenoid-located @cyl.#1 (btwn. firewall and intake manifold
-Fuel pump,(main pump under rear drivers seat,(FYI__phillips screws/nuts will be corroded)

Thoroughly clean out Throttle Body
Replace spark plugs(if needed)
Replace spark wires(if needed)

-Fuel Regulator
Also Perform fuel pressure test.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It could be your coolant sensor---
Other suggestions:--Check Ohm's:
-TPS, throttle position sensor
-ICS, idle control sensor
-CSS-Camshaft sensor
-CKS-Crankshaft Sensor
-MAP sensor
Battery / alternator / ignition coils
+1 also do this FIRST before any of that other stuff: if you don't check this the rest will be in vain:

The very first thing I did just now was to unhook battery, remove battery tray (4 bolts, 10mm) and then remove the ground wire that goes from the negative battery cable to the fender well just under the battery tray. I ground the paint off of the area around the bolt with some coarse sandpaper, sanded the washer end of the negative battery cable that attaches to the fender, and the bolt threads that attach it all together, and then wiped it clean with acetone. Now apply dielectric grease to all the areas you sanded, and reassemble it all. This is vital to do on old / high mileage vehicles. Bad grounds can cause fires, blown fuses and relays and sensor / instrument failures.

This takes 30 mins and basic tools and no expertise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts