Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2017 Sante Fe Sport. Base package with AWD. I've been looking for a couple days regarding radio upgrades. My sole objective is to have GPS navigation on the dash (just have google maps on my phone right now). I have the 5" touch display which is seemingly not eligible for the android auto update. The way I see it, my options are to either try to find a universal type double din unit and install it and then try to add in a dash kit, or, swap out the radio for one of the ones that is able to be updated to anrdoid auto. What I can't figure out is if the 7" display radios included on the 2017 are able to just a direct swap out. All in all my goal is just to have navigation in dash somehow, and I don't care how it happens. Any advise is appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is months later, but just thought I'd give you a bit of my own experience. I too bought the base, but mine is 2wd. I just bought mine a few weeks ago, a 2018 Santa Fe Sport. I decided to buy a double din aftermarket stereo that had Android Auto capability. I've used it in the past and I like it. I bought a Pioneer 2330 NEX. I looked at direct swaps from Hyundai, but they're hard to find and rather expensive. Plus the idea of adding on GPS is not ideal. You'd have to get Hyundai parts and that's not cheap. If you really want GPS built in go aftermarket and make sure it includes lifetime updates, or you'll pay for updates every year. This is why I opted for something with Android Auto instead of built in GPS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for an after market 2 din 7" Android 7.1 dvd stereo with gps, preferably with 2gb ram 32 gb storage for my 2010 Sante Fe. Any info would greatly appriciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts