Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some assistance. I am turning in my lease in December of a 2014 Elantra GT. It's a fun little car but I moved to AZ after I leased it and want to get a bigger car. I'd like to get a small trailer so I can go camping (now) and travel during the summer months (later). I don't want a big trailer, something small preferably at or under 3000 pounds. I've never pulled a trailer before, so I don't want it too big. (I'm 58, short 5'1" and a single woman).

I've seen that the Santa Fe Sport, with Turbo (I think), can tow between 2000-3500 lbs. I like that the 4cyl gets better mileage, but the v6 will easily tow up to 5,000 lbs. There are some trailers that are at or about 3200 lbs that would work for me.

So, I've seen that the 2016-2017 SantaFe's are having acceleration issues, and would prefer a used Santa Fe, anyway - seems 2014 or 2015 would be best. Who agrees? Is there a special Sport Model or engine size best for towing 2K-3K lbs? Or should I just do the v6? I appreciate any opinions

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'd say go with the V6. It gives you a bit of a cushion in the event your "loaded" trailer goes over the Sport recommended towing capacity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts