Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need help identifying the map SD card version for my 2016 Santa FE SE ultimate (7 seater). I bought the per owned car and forgot to check the maps at the time of purchase. When I asked the dealer later he said since it was not given by previous owner so it is not included. I checked online but the cost is ~$230 on mapnsoft website. I searched online and see many cards available for ~$100 on eBay but I am not sure about the compatibility. I tried to google to find but no luck. Pls share if anyone knows how can we find which SD card version will fit in the car. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone,

I need help identifying the map SD card version for my 2016 Santa FE SE ultimate (7 seater). I bought the per owned car and forgot to check the maps at the time of purchase. When I asked the dealer later he said since it was not given by previous owner so it is not included. I checked online but the cost is ~$230 on mapnsoft website. I searched online and see many cards available for ~$100 on eBay but I am not sure about the compatibility. I tried to google to find but no luck. Pls share if anyone knows how can we find which SD card version will fit in the car. Thanks in advance!!
I have an update on it and thought to share with everyone just in case if anyone is also looking for a cheaper option. So I did some analysis and could find the exact matching OEM part number for the SD card. Below are the links which will be helpful identifying the part number compatible for your car:
1) ww w.mapnsoft.co m/hyundai/sdmatrix/
Here you'll find the part number for the SD card

2) w ww.hyundaioemparts.c om
The above link can be used to make sure that the SD card (identified thru link #1 ) will fit your vehicle.

I then searched the part number on eBay and found a seller selling the same card for $60. I messaged the dealer and he offered a hassle free return in case if it doesn't work for my car. But as I was expecting because the part number was compatible with card as soon as I inserted it to the card slot it worked like a charm. So SD cards are not tied to VIN number. Only thing you need to find is the correct SD card part number and your vehicle should have navigation package.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts