Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 2019 Santa Fe SE 2.4L just over a month ago and my wife’s done most of the driving so far. I thought ours had the drive mode select button but only have an option in the led screen that says “DRIVE MODE” and then states it’s in “COMFORT”. Economical and Aggressive and listed just below but I am not able to toggle through or select either of the other modes listed.

The drivability issue I’m trying to address is this (which was not an issue when we test drove it):

After coming to a stop, or near stop, it’s not shifting into 1st gear and is very slow to get moving. It feels more like it’s in an Eco Mode and I am having to press the gas pedal substantially to get it to shift down, at which point it does shift but then takes off far too aggressively because of how far I’m pushing on the gas. It’s not only very comfortable, but also not safe at all when crossing traffic.

I’m hoping there’s a way to switch/adjust it into the aggressive mode. If not, then why is it listed on the dash this way (it looks like it should be able to select). Hyundai Customer Care was no help, neither was the local Hyundai Dealers service dept when I called. My sales rep hasn’t responded to my message. I’m hoping not to have to take it into the dealer. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There should be a "Drive mode" button behind the gear shifter. You can then switch between sport and smart. It looks like you are in the smart mode.
Or it could be the Auto Start feature. Try switching it off. The button is also behind the gear shifter.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds more like a safety issue, I'd call the dealer and get it in ASAP. Is the issue happening after you use the cruise or all the time? I like the drive mode the best. Like the 3-bears story you got to find the mode you like the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2020 Santa Fe (SF) has the same issue you have. The SF has an Idle Stop and Go function that stops the engine when idling like when you are at Stop Light. When you start to move and press the accelerator the engine start up. To me it feels like the car will stall but it has not. There is a button to turn this feature off and it has an "A" with an incomplete circle around it. My SF also has Comfort Mode with Economical and Aggressive underneath it but with no way to change it. There is supposed to be a button to change the modes but my SF does not have it. My dealer seemed confused and said it would change automatically as my driving changes. I have not seen it change. If you have found out more please let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We bought a 2019 Santa Fe SE 2.4L just over a month ago and my wife’s done most of the driving so far. I thought ours had the drive mode select button but only have an option in the led screen that says “DRIVE MODE” and then states it’s in “COMFORT”. Economical and Aggressive and listed just below but I am not able to toggle through or select either of the other modes listed.
We did the same. There is no drive mode selector on ours, either, and we are also stuck in "COMFORT" mode.

I believe we got the "sub base" rental car version of the vehicle. I was a little irked by this, but I really like the car and I don't think that the drive mode makes a whole lot of difference anyway. We had a similar experience with a Mazda 3 that we bought from Enterprise. After we got it home we realized that it didn't have power door locks. :oops:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I believe the 3 modes affect only the aggressiveness of the engine/tranny and their relationship to each other during acceleration. I switched mine from "economical" (better gas mileage?) to "comfort" and am much more pleased with the smoother acceleration especially on steep inclines. BTW I slept at a Holiday Inn last night

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2020 Santa Fe (SF) has the same issue you have. The SF has an Idle Stop and Go function that stops the engine when idling like when you are at Stop Light. When you start to move and press the accelerator the engine start up. To me it feels like the car will stall but it has not. There is a button to turn this feature off and it has an "A" with an incomplete circle around it. My SF also has Comfort Mode with Economical and Aggressive underneath it but with no way to change it. There is supposed to be a button to change the modes but my SF does not have it. My dealer seemed confused and said it would change automatically as my driving changes. I have not seen it change. If you have found out more please let me know.
Hi Guys,
I became curious following this thread. In the instrument cluster on dash I too see the comfort, aggressive indicators. O examined my girlfriend's SUV and there right below the shifter is a black square button 1/2" by 1/2" indicating DRIVE MODE and right below that button another with the A in a circular arrow and OFF written below. I tried those and voila my issues have a solution. Live the sport mode drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Stop and Go function restarts the engine when you release the brake pedal, so it's ready to go when you press on the gas. It actually works very well - when it's working. It doesn't start working until the engine has warmed up and then it seems pretty random. Also the circle arrow A button works the opposite of what feels intuitive to me. I just ignore this function and when it works it's fine. I don't think it saves that much anyway.

On the DRIVE MODE, that square button below the shifter is simply absent on my vehicle. It seems to be just in Comfort Mode. If I need more aggressive shifting I can just go deeper with the accelerator pedal or use the very well-done manual shift mode. I had looked forward to using the Sport Mode, but I don't miss it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts