Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
I just purchased a lightly used 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. It's a big step up in luxury from the '08 Honda Element that I had been driving for the past 14 years.
One item to make it more luxurious would be to find a mount for my phone. I had a proclip mount in the Honda, but I'm not too sure about the placement of their mount for the SF: ProClip Santa Fe Mount
Does anyone have experience using this mount? Does it get in the way of the touch screen? I don't like that it hides the hazard button either but short of a cup holder mount (I don't really want to lose a cup space), I haven't found one that looks like there isn't a visual compromise. Recommendations are welcome! Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like it will cover a small portion of the lower section of the screen. That would bother me. But with this unit, you still have to find a phone mount. I still use the one from my past 2 cars, got it at WalMart. It has 2 clips that attach to the a/c vents. I use mine on the drivers left side, not the middle one. [2021 Santa Fe]

This one also has the optional windshield mount. It clips in pretty good, but with the Santa Fe it's a bit upright instead of the back angle I had before.

Right now I am mostly putting the phone [upside down] inside the built in charger, connected by a 1ft USB cable so I can use Google Maps or Waze from the phone. The built in NAV system is a joke. And it still charges it, but now from the cable. I don't need the rest of the phone very much while driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why bother mounting the phone ... turn on bluetooth, pair it to the Santa Fe then leave it in your pocket! you can then activate the phone from the centre screen on the dashboard....full instructions in the owner's manual!! Alternatively, using the USB cable, connect the phone up and activate Android car play and the google maps appear on the screen as well...

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the best phone holder I've seen for the Hyundai Santa Fe.
It's in the perfect spot. Doesn't block anything. Supports heavy phones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.