Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I let the adjustment get to the point that I finally pressed it far enough to the floor that the ratcheting mechanism is past a point of no return. It's a 2011 Santa Fe Limited 3.5L V6 model. The parking brake is the foot pedal kind, in case that needs to be said. I don't terribly mind cutting the cable, if the cable is the reason for it getting down to the floor, but if the brake shoes are the reason it got that far, then cutting & replacing the cable is a waste of money & labor.

I am wondering what is the best way to release the foot pedal with the least parts & labor. It happened late at night, and I haven't had much time to sit and think it through. Without having put much mental energy into it yet, my first thoughts are things such as, pulling the rear wheel(s) and lessening the adjustment close to the drum, assuming it's a small drum setup. Another thought is that I'm wondering if the foot pedal needs to be unmounted, regardless of cable tension, in order to return it to a position where ratcheting can occur again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.