Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking for some help. My santa fr has had p0430 error. Tried new high quality gas and code reset/long drive but it comes back again after a handful of trips.

Perhaps running very slightly rough/low rpm (only if looking for it - no power loss notable). Also exhaust smells strong /rich when cold.

No shaking or misfire etc just slightly low/varying idle. Coils? Sensor? Leak?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Not entirely convinced idle is smooth when warm either - I'll check more carefully. As I said it's subtle , not that rough at all but does smell of gas from exhaust when cold!

·
Registered
5 Posts
More than likely its either your up (before the catalytic converter) flow 02 sensor or the down flow past the converter. If I find one bad, I replace both of them. Other possibilities is a leak in your exhaust system or worst yet the cat converter is plugged/weak...The longer you drive it that way with the code, the more repairs you will incur because un-burnt fuel/gas is slowly clogging up your cat. Best thing to do is not guess at it and take it to a shop that can diagnose the problem further with their expensive test equipment. Then make the choice to repair the problem or have them fix it for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.