Hyundai Santa Fe Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2010 santa fe (D4EB engine) on which I had a major engine failure, I had to overhaul everything, including the cylinder head and the engine block. on which I maked a surfacing of the joint plane.
Other revised elements: crankshaft, turbo, hoses, valves, distribution chain, filters, seals, injector and injection pump checked, the cooling and oil circuits are ok
no air, intake or exhaust leaks. I put also a new EGR valve (it was removed when I bought the car).

All sensors, voltages and resistors checked and ²are ok. I test the car's data live using a bluetooth OBD device: turbo pressure, rpm, egr valve opening, fuel rail pressure and MAF

The problem is that the car jerks and hesitate with loss of power when accelerate steadily (about half pedal) from 1800 rpm, in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gear (manual gerabox), The turbo pressure drops at this moment between 0.2 and 0.5 bars

Other information, on this model, when I turn on the A/C, I noticed that the EGR valve is desactivated, In this case, the problem disappears. The egr valve is clean and working normally.

I have also a P0234 error when I press the accelerator to the maximum for 12 sec eactly.

Please, I would like to know your opinion on this case so as not to damage the car again if this symptom hides a major problem.

Thanks a lot

1 - 1 of 1 Posts