Hyundai Santa Fe Enthusiast Talk and Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate in December 2018.

The low beam headlights are so bright and focused that other drivers think I have my high beams on and are constantly flashing their lights at me especially on dark two-lane roads.

I assumed they were not aligned and took it to the dealer who said they align automatically and cannot be adjusted. This is very frustrating for both me and those approaching me on the road.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Other drivers hate low beams

We have the same vehicle, and also purchased it December 2018. I have not seen that problem and have not had other drivers flash their lights. Might just be an alignment issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts

The low beam headlights are so bright and focused that other drivers think I have my high beams on and are constantly flashing their lights at me especially on dark two-lane roads.

I assumed they were not aligned and took it to the dealer who said they align automatically and cannot be adjusted. This is very frustrating for both me and those approaching me on the road.

I had the same problem. I adjusted mine down. Find a flat surface in front of a wall, park about 20 feet back and turn on the lights. Open the hood and adjust the headlight down an inch or so. Adjust one at a time so you can compare it to the other, or use tape on the wall to mark the starting position. I could only find an up/down adjustment on my Ultimate, and seems like it was a 12mm or 13mm wrench on the back side of the headlight housing for the adjustment. I've attached some info from the manual. Hope that helps I've not had people flash me since making the adjustment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our headlights sit low on the bumper as compared to other cars. Any slight incline and we end up pointing higher than the eye line, blinding others. I get flashes too and thought I was high till I had my wife drive behind me. Even in my lifted truck, it was still blinding me at times. The angle is just not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
internet's your friend here Jeff, adjust those puppies and, oh yeah, find a new dealer. Most won't help you if they can't make a $. I found my local Cadillac dealer that does better on all my work unless (it's a warranty issue). They WANT my business. They found a rattle 1st time into them that I'd had in to the dealer 3 times (with other work to be done) with zero success. So I purchased new Michelin tires from them (hated the ones that came on it when new). BTW I've never had anyone flash bright lights on my Santa fe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts